Will LTE phase out with 5G evolution like 3G being vanished now?

I was RF engineer in 2017.
Realized that technology is changing too rapidly, may not be able to keep up, plus very difficult to progress career since much older people are hogging all senior technical positions.
Moved out of RAN, into Core and then into management.
I miss technology but think its very difficult to keep up.

Exactly it’s matter of interest.
I tried to learn Python many times but always failed in between opened sharetech notes sometime :grin:

I started with Numpy, was interesting but then I had to read Telecom and forgot about Python.

Oh, but you can start slowly.

How is your experience on management now?
Don’t you miss technical side?

Sometimes you still need to put your hands in the dirt to get the parameters you need to understand, or post process logs on a specific way.
Unless you have people who do it for you.

For example, I’ve written code to extract phy layer information straight from text files.
Have a try to decode UE capability these days.
It’s not my job, but made my job faster.

I do, which is why I am here and try to learn from you guys.
Otherwise I am totally in non-telecom and non-technical job now.
I do get to manage some technical projects but don’t do anything hands-on.
Engineering life is much stress free than management.

Inspiring :+1:
Conclusion: Python learning is must seeing current scenario and as well for future.

Definitely.

Or you’ll see kids showing up with some work you should do way before you.

New youth coming with full gear scripting knowledge and all even in my team I can find very sharp mind youth full of coding knowledge.

And competitive.

Thats what also scared me.
Some day some smart graduate with more time on his hands, no kids or family to look after will be able to take over my job whilst I struggle with basic concepts of technology.

So it’s better to be in a technolgy. Right?

++ Python.

Better not to stop learning! And fast :laughing:

Yes.
But I observe one thing in Telecom: technically sound person is difficult to replace, no matter how old he becomes.

In Jio operator India, all important decisions are taken by a man who is 83 year old. With 60 years of telecom experience. Still technically active :smiley:

Not sure if I’ll be fair here, but technically good people are moving away from operators.
Operators typically have micro managers now.

Life is easy going at operators.
At vendors there is lot of pressure.

Always has been the case. True.