Solve "rlc-MaxNumRetx" and "synchReconfigFailureSCG" failures

It depends upon what is your SINR /RSRQ at such low RSRP.
But in our case also it is -121 dBm.

It depends on your NR coverage.
If you have good overlapping between 5G cells you will never reach -121 dBm so A2 won’t be triggered.
But I am asking again: “I mean when your UE walks out of 5G coverage what message do you expect to see in 5G and what counters you expect to be incremented?”

Huawei gave explanation to all MNOs as DRB abnormal in Huawei network is very high like 10% so HW is recommending to use only SgNb abnormal release for actual Drop rate KPI.
We had many discussions and no outcomes.
For Apple, it is using T310 expiry with special signature and there is parameter in Huawei to exclude those SCG failure due to over heating or power protection.
But still DRB abnormal release is having major portion from UE vendor own mechanism to release SCG with fake cause.

1 Like

Is this the parameter related to handle over heating?

OVERHEATING_PROTECTION_SW at NsaDcAlgoParam.NsaDcAlgoSwitch

If yes, I don´t have in my actual release (16.0).
Is it available only in 16.1.

It is reserved parameter.

ENBRSVDPARA.RsvdSwPara6_bit6

Question: it work only for Apple?

Checked, it’s OFF in my NW.

It seems like that.
As Apple team clarified that it is using special signature with SCG Failure T310 Expiry PCI 000.
If other vendors are also having unique signature for over heating SCG failure, Huawei can exclude in upcoming release.
As only Apple confirmed this mechanism, it meant exclusively for iPhones.

If you have many iPhone users please make it ON so it will exclude those abnormal release and DRB abnormal release will improve.

Apple may also disable SCG autonomously (via SCG failure) under low traffic scenarios, not only overheating.

1 Like

For over heating cut off is there any FGI indicated by mobile terminal.

Is it samsung chipset only implementation for overheating issue?
Never heard of this interesting functionality

Someone said that Apple supports this as well:
“As Apple team clarified that it is using special signature with SCG Failure T310 Expiry PCI 000. If other vendors are also having unique signature for over heating SCG failure, Huawei can exclude in upcoming release. As only Apple confirmed this mechanism, it meant exclusively for iPhones.”

I heard this exists in multiple vendors.

Yes, doubt here is how much of scgfailure indication is due to overheating and how much is due to RF.

No… :wink:
What I meant is that I heard multiple vendors implemented “thermal mitigation strategies”.
Not that they signal it explicitly.

Right.
Anyway, for now we know that Samsung, Huawei and Apple all supports this overheating feature.

I might even risk to say everybody does.

If I’m not mistaken this is up to the ran vendor to decide. Don’t think specs will mandate anything.

Interesting feature developed for 5G!

Out of necessity I guess ! :rofl:

According to Huawei:

This reserved parameter is adapted to the Apple terminal and the cause value of t310-Expiry. Turning it on will theoretically reset the abnormal release of the SCG cause value reported by the Apple terminal to 0, thereby reducing the call drop rate indicator. But there is no historical experience to support it.

Interesting topic.
Currently Huawei make this reserved as switch
EnodebCounterParaGrp.EnodebCounterAlgoSwitch.SCG_REL_MEAS_OPT_SW

@Cesar_Nunes . Huawei answer is not correct. Not all SCG failures with cause T310 expiry will be removed as thermal drops of Apple. Just the ones for PCI000. Not of other PCIs like 63,192,843 etc