NR NSA DSS Coverage?

Hi all,

I am considering why the NR DSS Coverage (SS-RSRP…) is lower than LTE DSS Coverage with the same configurations (long, lat, tilt, azimuth, band…)?
Our EN-DC band combination is: b3+n1 (DSS: LTE + NR 2100)
Does anyone have an idea for this case?
Thank you in advance!

1 Like

If DSS is activated based on TDM between LTE and NR…then coverage loss of both LTE and NR is expected.

1 Like

Are you saying that, n1 is providing smaller coverage than b1 for the same DSS cell?

1 Like

Hi Sadanandk,

Can you explain more detail, thank you!

Hi Marcengo,

Yes yes, that is my point, I don’t know why was that?
Please help me to share your experience about this.
Thank you!

Usually this type of coverage mismatch comes from power settings. Make sure the EIRP is the same for both RATs

2 Likes

NR coverage should be larger as NR RSRP typically > LTE RSRP for same TX power and band

2 Likes

Hi Marcengo,
Both RATs are the same power!

Hi O.B
Do you have any figure related to that? Thanks

6 dB for 4 TX ports

1 Like

What are your LTE IFHO and LTE IRAT to UMTS/GSM thresholds, and what are your LTE B1 do add N1 NR PSCELL and NR A2 (or similar) to remove it?

Hi Tony,
I assume you are using same antenna, same EIRP, as seen in your responses before…

Have you ever compared your LTE B3 to LTE B1, as I believe the difference of 1-2 dB is obvious with band path loss difference. This difference will obviously exist for ENDC B3 and NR n1 as well.

Hope you compare coverage from both LTE and NR DSD co-located cells only…

Besides this, am not sure what is your LTE anchor strategy for this DSS…having LTE CRS port (mapped to PCI) conflict with NR PDSCH will also deteriorate your NR DSS performance in terms of quality (if you plan your LTE anchor to other than co-located as well)…anyway, it should not impact coverage.

Hope this helps, Thank you.

2 Likes

Dear Deepak Joshi,

Thank you for your explanation! It’s helpful!