What KPI can be most impacted in 4G, if another operator is transmitting on the same DL frequency?

Hello All.

What KPI can be most impacted in 4G, if another operator is transmitting on the same DL frequency?

Is it DL BLER?
Retransmissions?

I want to see the impact KPI wise.

• RTWP
  • RRC Failures
  • RACH
  • DROP
  • LATENCY
  • SPECTRUM EFFICIENCY

First of all, it is illegal to use other operator spectrum, by mistake if any one use spectrum/ frequency band of other operator and that operator also transmitting same freq.

It will start collision and interference increase causing failure and drops for both operators.

In LTE KPIs I can only measure the UL, I cannot check if RRC failure are low since we just started launching network.

For latency is it from radio side to measure and spectrum efficiency. Can you share the formula? (Vendor Huawei)

RTWP is in UL

But: why are you using other operator’s frequency?

Spectrum Efficiency depends on the SNR i.e. CQI that you are able to achieve.

With interference SNR will be low and hence CQI and spectrum efficiency will be low as well.

The other operator from a neighboring country is using our spectrum.

Interesting…

I don’t think there will be much impact if sufficient distance is there between the neighbor country site and your site.

Adjusting proper tilt and orientation can help to resolve any performance issues resulting from interference.

But the other country is not supposed to transmit in your country.

And the same for you. :wink:

This issue should be handled by REGULATORS of both countries.

It’s legal issue.

Yes… But it happens!

I think if regulations are not properly implemented.

Sometimes we get connected to Nepal network in our hometown in India. :slight_smile:

Yes reason why I said it’s legal issues. :slight_smile:

Frquency domain laws.

Actually I complained about it to the Operator but instead of taking any action, it suggested to manually select the network.

:joy: very funny.