What is the guideline for SSB frequency design relative to centre freq in 5G planning?

Hello Experts.

What is the guideline for SSB frequency design relative to centre freq in 5G planning?

As a test, I asked ChatGPT:

5G SSB Frequency Design Guidelines

In 5G planning, the SSB (Sidelobe Suppressed Band) frequency design is usually relative to the center frequency of the carrier, and the guidelines for SSB design include:

• SSB bandwidth should be kept as narrow as possible to minimize inter-band interference.

• SSB sidelobes should be suppressed to minimize adjacent channel interference.

The SSB frequency should be located away from critical frequency bands and harmonics.

The SSB frequency should be designed to meet the desired performance objectives, such as link budget and data rate.

The SSB design should take into account any regulatory requirements and standards, such as 3GPP specifications for 5G NR (New Radio) carriers.

Note: The guidelines may vary depending on the specific requirements of the 5G network and the frequency band being used.

For me, I have put the SSB as low as possible to maximise the coverage (low freq, lower propagation loss).

SSB I think is about PSS and SSS blocks, this was his question about.

Yes Synchronisation Signal Block in 5G.

SSB is given relatively to point zero.

It is at the bottom of PRBs.

It has 20 PRBs in total.

And 4 symbols.

I have 1 macro with 3450 as CF and 3449.28 as SSB freq.

And another smallcell with 3450 as CF and 3446.4 as SSB freq.

What performance difference will both have?

On 5G you can choose there these will be placed in the 100 MHz band.

From my understanding, we need to have the same on the whole network.

Take any SSB valid ARFCN value but to make note SSB should be in coreset zero.

When you align it. Will match with center fre or can tune offset to point A / ssbsubcarrieroffset for this.

I think it depends on the numerology you are using in FR1.