What is the best way to control mobility in FWA?

It is s very uncommon to take the router WIFI with you in every room since there is wifi in every room.

Especially when you have to move the power supply too to other room.

I think what @rodrigopbarreto refers is “indoor CPE”.

Yes, exactly.

You know, this kind of problem is very interesting because it allow us to discuss new economical models and monetization opportunities.

In an era when the 5G monetization is a big question, to resolve such problem could represents a good opportunity for the MNOs.

Dominance is not so hard to achieve.

To trigger a HO you need a3 about 3 dB then time to trigger about 320 msec and then filter coefficient.

Even in LTE or NR is not triggered so easy.

I have not seen many static points where UE to do continuous ping-pong between cells.

The issue is that his device is indoor, don’t have external high gain antennas - so indoor coverage especially is degraded a lot at high bands.

FR1 or FR2.
TDD especially.

W have delivered FWA solution for ISP using PCI / frequency Lock at CPE.

Our Core (CloudCore) communicates with CPE for settings.

That’s great to know!

I guess it’s totally possible to implement the PCI lock on each CPE.

My concearn is related with what kind of automation level it would needs.

Need to make sure that auto PCI is disabled for serving site.

For sure!

It’s crucial!

What is auto PCI?

The Normal way is using the TAC if your TAC area is small with few sites , but if it is large you need to redesign TAC area with carful because minimizing TAC will lead to more & more signaling traffic, another way is to use Cell group with PCRF to allow the user to connect to certain cells only

Is it a Global Cell ID lock or PCI lock? PCI is repeated so it’s a strong restriction but doesn’t block every other cell.

And how many cells do you lock the device to? Especially if the device has good coverage from multiple neighbor cells, locking it to a single one will forcibly affect its performance.

Cells of surrounding sites with 1 km radius is ok as an example depends on your coverage profile