What is Offset, Hysteresis and Time to trigger for Handover Optimizations?

My observations…

• Offset: this parameter is for serving cell should be better than neighbour cells before going to send measurement report, ensure that serving cell power should be good than neighbours.

• Hysteresis: this is for Neighboring cell should be better than serving. Before going to send measurement report, ensure that Neighbouring power should be high/good than serving.

• Timetotrigger (TTT): this parameter is used for to avoid pingpong handover when measuring the power levels.

Three parameters used for handover optimization to avoid pingpong Handovers and used for Handover A3 event.

2 Likes

My understanding is that Offset and Hysteresis are the same.

Neighbor cell RSRP should be offset higher than serving cell RSRP to trigger A3-based handover.

If time to trigger (TTT) is implemented then A3 handover is triggered only if the above (offset) condition is met for a duration <= TTT.

This understanding is based on reading some papers. I, however, haven’t seen Time-to-trigger mentioned in the 5G standards. Can someone point out a 3GPP standard that talks about TTT?