What are the types of Handover in all mobile technologies?
- Hard Handover
- Soft Handover in same frequency
Hard Handover in special cases :
- Inter-frequency Handover
- IRAT Handover
- HSDPA Handover as the data send from the best active-set cell and other active-set cells are for signaling only
- Inter-RNC without IUR link
Hard Handover: switch between cells or frequencies
Soft Handover: in same frequency, serving from more than cell (Active-Set) (AS)
Softer Handover: special case of Soft Handover when Active-Set cells are in the same site (Node-B)
- X2-based Handover: least complex used when an X2 interface exists between Source and Target eNB.
- S1-based Handover: when no X2 interface available between the source eNB and the target eNB - signaling pass through the MME.
- Network Controlled Handover
- UE Controlled Handover