Upon issuing its recommendations for IMT-2020 in early 2021, the ITU-R didn’t wait to kick start an effort on IMT-2030 (a.k.a. 6G) vision and future technology trends with the aim to issue a report by the Summer 2022. All global and regional stakeholders into 6G have been developing their visions and roadmaps and contributing inputs into this activity at ITU-R. While the consolidation of the inputs is taking place, this is clearly emerging a global consensus on the services envisioned, target capabilities and technology trends. This webinar will review the 6G visions, roadmaps and related activities at ETSI, in the H2020 6G flagship HEXA-X project and the EMPOWER project, and at the ATIS Next Generation Alliance, and discuss opportunities for transatlantic alignment and collaboration on 6G.
- Alain Mourad – InterDigital Europe, EMPOWER Roadmap Lead (Presentation → Webinar: Transatlantic perspectives on 6G Vision, Roadmap and Development Model)
- David Boswarthick – Director of New Technologies, ETSI (Presentation → ETSI Approach to
Research and Standards for B5G → 6G)
- Mikko Uusitalo – Head of Research Department Wireless Advanced Technologies, Nokia Bell Labs, Finland (Presentation - European 6G - Flagship Hexa-X)
- Douglas Castor – Senior Director, InterDigital Research and Innovation for 6G (Presentation → 6G Roadmap Overview Next G Alliance)
- Serge Fdida – Sorbonne Université