Tems DT Log Reading

Hi Experts,

How can be read .trp file without actix,tems etc. post processing tool. Can we develop indepented application to read .trp files. How can achieve this? Do you have any information?

Admin note: this post was updated with image below.
Tems DT Log Reading

1 Like

you have to get an API license $$$ from Infovista in order to directly read the trp files, otherwise, use TI to export the trp file to text format.

1 Like

I used to develop a tool for data extraction from tems trp files (without api, etc)

@Veryfancy, Can you please explain how it is possible? Thank you.

Hi, please share more details. I have *trp file, but I can not open it.
Thanks

First, you can open trp file as an archive
Then, in the extracted files in trp/providers/sp*/cdf you can find data.cdf, lookuptables.cdf, declarations.cdf
These files are compressed with deflate algorithm, you need to decompress them (for example, with python zlib, or offzip tool Luigi Auriemma)
The decompressed files contain binary encoded length delimited protobuf messages
To decode these messages, I used message descriptors from tems python lib, which I found somewhere, probably in tems installation files. I can send you this lib, if you want

2 Likes

@Veryfancy hi . thanks for your detailed guidance on how to open .trp files , I’m currently working on a project that I need to read some data from a .trp file, however my file doesn’t contain any kind of .cdf file . instead it does have several xml in it . have you had any similar experience ? i can open does files but problem is that some of those file have value like below:

oFzzo31PPzB5i99iJ2I8FnCbGRF1PUJJVknbPO/p6TfKaxClBNvricEMOZUUrB5tG24z0D907BblcKzli4nKgQSsaflz7U601CBZ6/z0yWM1H2onjoPWVD73MyaDvWJL7RtitUVR26l873axEli9N8CpA4z5BbpRM5grSPJDL7E=

or
xœ»|¼@!üÝ5N.#0`’\ —aŒâ!, ŒÌHâ ÜH¸‘%x$x
i can guess that’s is kind of encrypt or something like that which needs to be decoded but i don’t have any idea what algorithm or library i can use to do so… can you send me a link or more information about it?
thanks in advance

Dear Veryfancy,

Can you send me this lib?

Thanks.