Anyone here has experience in TCP/IP and wire hark?
I have a case where there is a sudden drop in 5G DL user throughput during Big file transfer; 5 files each file around 2GB). The following is the main analysis inputs and findings
- High number of packet retransmission observed during the issue time stamp. (Including DUP ACKs + supurious retransmission)
- No issue observed in Window size for both receiver and sender
- Good latency observed
- Client TTL is 64 and Server TTL is 57 indicates the server is around 7 hibs far from the client
- During session ending, the client sent FIN message to close the connection but it was again missed by the server and the server kept sending data to client then the client sent several RST to close the connection
- The same test was conducted to other operator and the exact symptoms were observed.
I am expecting the issue is related to Server/Application issue. And it is not related to the network since the exact same issue was replicated in another network.
The question here, how to confirm whether the issue is related to application or not from wireshark pcaps?
Side note: pcaps files are only available for client side.