Solution to Channel Element (CE) Congestion

Hello Experts.

I am facing CE (Channel Element) Congestion, and would like to have your advice on what should I check, and what are the proven solutions to eliminate it.

Is there any configuration I can set to help improve CE utilization, rather than checking NodeB license?

BR,
Rafael.

3 Likes

Hello @rafaeldamasio

CE Congestion can happens for UL (Uplink) and DL (Downlink), so first thing is to verify if CE Congestion is experienced in the UL or DL.

There are some suggestions to easy CE Congestion.

For example, for ā€˜UL CE Congestionā€™ you can disable 2ms TTI (duration of a transmission on the radio link) for HSUPA service.

Of course this will impact latency, throughput (with 2ms TTI we can respond faster to RF conditions).

Also: for ā€˜2 ms TTIā€™ it is consumed 8 CE (transmitted 160 kbps), and for ā€˜10 ms TTIā€™ it is consumed only 1 CE (but transmitted only 32 kbps).

Another option, if the number of R99 users are small, you can also disable 384kbps RABs (SF8) in RNC, and youā€™ll also get an improved ā€˜UL CE Utilizationā€™.

4 Likes

1- check hardware capacity
2- check license CE
3- check power cong of EDPDCH (10ms and 2ms)
4- use CE overbooking
5- for DL you can user SRB over HSDPA

2 Likes

Hello Omar,
Thank you for your answer, please can you share Ericsson counter can i check it?
Best Regards,
Nios

Hello,

Check local cell group or it called base band equipment ID it may be a conflict between the hardware and the the group

1 Like

Hi @rafaeldamasio ,
in addation for above points if you donā€™t need to limit your throughput or user numbers . the main controller for CE is BB check your Base band BRDā€™s may you need to make BB distribution or need to upgrade it for ex. you may have WBB so you have to upgrade to UBBPd6 it is 1024 CE . or you can distribute cells for current BRDā€™s

1 Like

If Huawei system, you can deploy ā€œCE Efficiency for 2ms TTIā€ feature, so you can keep 2ms TTI and also efficiently use CE

1 Like