SIU/TCU Backup from OSS

Dear Experts,

In my network there are TCU across the networks and I am adding all of them to the OSS, but I am unable to take the back up of the TCU , if anyone knows the procedure kindly share .

Thanks
Mani

1 Like

Hi, @Mani it is not supported

Thank you for your prompt response, is there any alternative to take the back up of these devices remotely and SW upgrade remotely?

BR/Mani

1. You can grab configuration to remote server

OSmon> upload bcm1 sftp://jones:123abc@192.168.69.152/home/jones/TCUCFG/tcu.xml CM 30

1. You can create backup

OSmon> backup bcm1 sftp://jones:123abc@192.168.69.152/home/jones/TCUCFG/tcu.xml -u
WriteOnly (WO) attributes will not be backed up when using unencrypted backup. Use encryption to include WO attributes
OperationSucceeded

1. You can grab config commands

OSmon> getconfigcommands
setmoattribute 1 STN=0 depIP_Interface “”
setmoattribute 1 STN=0 depLocalRoutingPolicy “”
setmoattribute 1 STN=0 wakeUpDestination 0.0.0.0
setmoattribute 1 STN=0 wakeUpEventInterval 1

Upgrade is supported by OSS

1 Like

Thanks a lot , it is working now, one question finally , can we use the same backup file to upload in the new TCU in case of the old one is faulty ?

BR/Mani

Glad to help. Yes, you can. Backup file is just config XML-formatted. There is no reference to HW, serial number or any other limitations.

Now I uploaded the backup successfully.

Thanks

duw was down due to TNA port faulty. shifted to TNB and wanna delete TNA to clear the alarm. kindly share the syntax if possible.