Radio Received Interference Power (Int_RadioRecInterferencePwr)

Hello Experts.

Int_RadioRecInterferencePwr in Ericsson.
Which range is good?
How is -115 dB good?
I thought -80 dB is the standard.

May someone balance me, I’m coming from Huawei so adapting to Ericsson.

It all depends on p0nominalpusch.
In Huawei I think it was -80 dBm.
In Ericsson is much lower.

In Ericsson what is most used value of p0nominalPusch?

If Ericsson getting too low value compare to other vendor then it must be measuring differently…

I checked one Ericsson log and p0nominal pusch was -84 dBm.
But it depends on network this can be changed/tuned.
Check SIB2 and you will get p0nominalpusch as well as alpha.

With such high value and if they have very low RSSI, there is good chance that Ericsson is measuring RSSI differently then other vendor.

For example, they may considering only noise and interference (by subtracting UE singal power from total received singal) or etc.

In other networks of Ericsson p0nominalpusch is even -67.

Nokia uses -103 for example in some networks.

It all depends on network, there is no one single value.

I agree with you.
This parameter is tuned network to network, but customer are claiming that Ericsson has better RSSI.
With such values -67 or -84, and other vender at -90 or -95 range, how can Ericsson have so lower value of RSSI?

Does anyone has idea how and what Ericsson is considering when reporting RSSI?

p0nominalpusch can be different even cell by cell in same network.

RSSI is Uplink signal coming from noise + signal of own UEs in Uplink + interference from other UEs from other cells in Uplink, PRB by PRB.
Imagine that UE do not transmit directional like eNodeB in Downlink and most antenna of UE have omni radiation pattern, so they do create lot of interference in Uplink.

What is the acceptable value of UL RSSI?

It depends on p0nominalpusch.
Any value higher than that value comes from intercell Uplink interference.

If p0nominalpusch = -85 dBm then RSSI value higher then this is considered as interference?

It indicates Uplink problems so Uplink power control for current cell UE will increase the power of the own cell UE to combat it.

It is like a storm in Uplink, p0nominalpusch is just the static component of Uplink power control.

There are many other factors in the equation: LTE Power Control (Case of Uplink Channel : PUSCH) – Tech Trained

Ok got it. Thanks.

p0nominalpusch will depend on the power control mode used.

Correct!
If total or partial pathloss compensation i.e. alpha value.

2 Likes