QGIS plugin to draw BTS cells

Hello people out there.
I did a little plugin for QGIS3, I havent test it in new releases or older than this one.
unzip the file in the plugin folder and load the app in QGIS and try it.
bts_sketch.rar (43.1 KB)

3 Likes

hi
my having problems on loading da app.
can you help me.
thanks

Yes, please tell me at what step you are.
you first need to copy the plugin in the folder of the qgis … it would be something like …\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\default\python\plugins … once in plugins folder copy the .rar and unzip it to a folder with the same name.
I’m pasting my path on my pc but I will change my user by XXXX:
C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\default\python\plugins
after that open QGIS and load the app clicking on “Plugins”-> “Manage and Install Plugins” … then select the BTSsketch logo in the square check box and click ok… then the icon appears on the app menu.
Please fill the “cellsheet.csv” accordingly with the details you want to plot.

Hi.
Work’s fine now, thanks.
One more thing.
Is’t possible to change the polygon line to a dashed line, instead solid line.

Good that you could load it.
Now, to change the polygon line you may go to the “Layers” control on the left bottom of your screen and the layer should appear with the name “cells”. Right click on “cells” and go to properties. Then the “Layer Properties” windows should appear. In the left part of this window, go to the “symbology” submenu and click on it. After this on the right side of the window you may change this polygon to dashed line by clicking on “Simple fill” that its under the square with the “Cells” name. Once you clicked on the “Simple fill” on the bottom part an option to change to dashed line and many other options is on the “Stroke list” option. Click on the one you want and then click on “Ok” button.
Hope this helps.

Hello, I’m trying to add more columns in the csv but the tool won’t recognize them. Is it possible to add more columns in there?

Hi, yes the columns are in the csv but the usable ones are hardcoded in the python code. If you give me a hint of what you want to do we can add them.

Thank you so much for this.

The only reason I used Google Earth before was because of my script to convert cellsheet data from csv to kml, drawing the sectors from the data as this plugin does.
Now I can do everything from QGIS and forget GE.

For anybody that uses the portable version of QGIS, you might run into the same problem I did when installing bts_sketch: “Couldn’t load plugin because of error…”
In my case this was due to not having the python pandas module installed.

You need to open a command prompt (from the OSGeo4W.bat file on your QGIS portable folder installation) and run the “py3_env” command. This way the correct python path is set in order to install python modules. Then you can just “python -m pip install pandas”
Credit to this post Installing Python packages in QGIS 3 (for Windows)

1 Like

Thank you very much for this. It’s true, if pandas is not there it will not work.

Hi Mr. Jr-Mg Thanks for you information please can you tell me eventualy what will be the usage of getting Cell on the map?

Hi, it has many uses. The first time I use it, was to draw drive test routes. But you can also do filters and thematic maps for your specific study.

Thanks Mr. Jr_Mg you are doing great job.

1 Like