PingPong Handover

Hello to the LTE experts.

I would like to ask a question.
I have a problem due to the ping-pong handover process.
The process of ping pong handover between the two sectors is running normally, but my question is why I find 4 dB difference between the two sectors with the same eNodeB even though I am in the same position when the ping pong handover process was done.

It’s because of radio conditions and propagation. Sectors Sidelobes are weaker then main lobes and signals may fluctuate. Difference in db may vary.

Thank you for your answer, what was meant here by radio condition?
Should some parameters be changed or is this a normal fluctuation?

Hello All.

Some 4G users move from LTE to 2G in connected mode.

When the user open data on mobile immediately go to 2G.
And back again to 4G.
And frequently go to 2G again - like ping pong handover.

How can I prevent this issue?

I tried A1 A2 threshold but still happen.

Now the area no have 3G network just 4G and 2G.

Did you try to check the signal strength of nearby cells in the measurement report reported by UE?

Yes good coverage.

Between -70 to -80 dBm.

This happens for MT call UE when it does not get paging or INVITE in DL then later it gets CS service notification to go to 2G cell and pick-up the MT call there.

CSFB.

You can disable data when user goes to 2G due to CS notification.

We observed similar issue long time ago where users would go to 2G due to CS fallback, whilst they are in 2G apps on the phone continue sending small data packets, which made the UE stuck in 2G.

Solution we came up was to disable data completely in 2G.

This would make user go into to idle mode quickly once CS call finishes and respect 4G.

Can you not do that with FastReturnToLTE parameter?

I’ve always seen a UE returning to LTE from 2G or 3G as soon as the call ends when this parameter was on.

Data is off (disable), but if the user is using VoLTE it doesn’t make any sense of ON / OFF data because we can use VoLTE service without enabling data in the phone.

Here situation is when user is using VoLTE service and making a call at that time first users is going to 2G then come back on VoLTE. Why?

Why it is going to 2G?

How VoLTE without data bearer?

LTE is always on bearer.

VoLTE is possible without data enable?

This is the difference between VoLTE and VoIP.

• VoLTE you can make calls when mobile data is OFF.

• While VoIP will not work.

Disable your mobile data and make a VoLTE call.

Can we also make HD calls without data enabled?

In my opinion, HD calls are dependent on codecs enabled on Core.

So if IMS supports, why not?