Parameters to prioritize LTE besides cellreselectionpriority

Hi Experts,
What parameters do I need to change to prioritize our 1900 MHz 20 MHz BW LTE than our 5 MHz 700 MHz LTE (besides cellreselectionpriority)?

You can optimize SnonIntraSearch (avoiding it at 1900 MHz and starting it earlier on 700MHz) and thresholdXlow on 1900 MHz in order to difficult 700 MHz to get a call from 1900 MHz).
Another parameter is the frequency threshold on internfreq parameters set this threshold to -8 for 700 MHz and + 8 at 1900 MHz.
If possible, try to set a tilt on 700 MHz at least 4 degrees higher than 1900MHz.
I hope it helps.

1 Like

You said optimize SnonIntraSearch to avoid it 1900 MHz and starting it earlier to 700 MHz.
But do I need to prioritize 1900 MHz?

The SnonIntrasearch works for camped users.
So if you decrease the SnonIntraSearch (close to RxLevMin) the users on 1900 MHz will start to measure interfrequence candidates cells later.
So, it will be at 1900 MHz for more time.
And if you increases the value of SnonIntraSearch on 700 MHz, the users will start to measure interfreq earlier that can help you on your objective if you have optimized the frequence threshold.
SnonIntraSearch is defined by cells.

1 Like

Use cell priority, like 700 MHz - 2 and 1900 MHz - 3.
If idle mode parameters set aggressive, then go with cell priority.
After cell priority also if not satisfy then go DLrsboost.
To increase some power on 1900 MHz cells.

1 Like

You can try to implement idle mode load balancing to give more weightage to 1900 MHz layer.
Hope so you want to retain more traffic on 1900 MHz that is objective or not in idle mode.

1 Like

Yeah MLB can help you on that also, but if the coverage radius difference between 700 and 1900 MHz be too big, you will need to be careful on parameters settings. The advantage on make in idle can be avoiding interfrequence handovers issues.
I had implemented MLB between 700/1800 with sucess but the strategy was based on resources in order to get the best throughput levels on 700 MHz (10 MHz) the difference between ET was of 4 degress. The idle strategy also helped in order to contribute with the balance and good resources utilization.

1 Like

And what about the opposite case, when we want to prioritize 700 instead of 1900?

What kind of techniques can we apply to try to balance the traffic?

Hi all.

Can anyone educate me with this?

I am wondering how to obtain SnonIntraSearch like in the image:

Is this RSRP the measured of the UE?

For Huawei vendor:

MOD CELLRESEL:LOCALCELLID=11,SNONINTRASEARCHCFGIND=CFG,SNONINTRASEARCH=3;

1 Like

Snonintrasearch (dBm)= QrxlevMin * 2 (CELLSEL) + 2 * Snonintrasearch.

For eg, if QrxlevMin in CELLSEL MO is -64, and Snonintrasearch = 8, then Snonintrasearch = -64 * 2 + 2 * 8 = -112 dBm

1 Like

Yes, correct.