Pa & Pb = 0

Hello Experts,
I would like your advice, to see if am I getting it right:

If someone uses Pa & Pb = 0 then this is condition of the RB. Won’t this condition adversely impact the network?
Given the higher powered Eb Resource Elements (RE) would just end up reducing the RSRQ.

1 Like

PB is for enode power and PA is for RS power and I think both are inversely proportional.
RS power if increased can lead to eNB power decrease and throughput decrease.
It’s just a game of coverage and throughput.
It’s a detailed topic to grasp.
RRU power, antenna port, all has a role here.

1 Like

Basically with PB we can change the EB power (Resources Elements in the symbol which transmits Reference Signal).
It can be made, equal to other RE, higher then other RE, or lower than other RE.
So my question is:
If I set those Type B Resource Element power more than the Reference Signal itself, then what should be the impact on network?

If PB is 1 and PA is zero coverage will go down.
And if PA is minus 3 and PB is zero throughput will go down.
So minus 3 and PB is increased by 1.

Also:
Never increase RS power if RRU doesn’t support.
Site goes down.

Same type of configuration PA and PB is for more than 2T2R or 4T4R…

PA, PB and RS has effect in site down features as this is a mapping of RRU antenna ports and bandwidth.
In Huawei, FMA has power calculation formula as per RRU power antenna port and bandwidth.
PA and PB will get value there (from FMA).

Impact of RS → reduce overlap coverage hence sinr improved but your indoor user will be affected, traffic most likely will be reduced

Impack of PB → instead of keeping it 1 better to make it 0 so your ctr channel power will be higher so will have better signal decoding. But I saw almost nothing in KPIs pont of view.

Another point: you will utilize max of RRU power with 0.