Now is the time to take 5G indoors

Probably, it is a media news problem. It works differently.

In practice.

I mean that the MEC will help reduce the latency a lot.

I think the same.

That’s a good question.

But, as I know, Universidade Estadual de São Paulo (USP) is having a public-private partnership for this. That’s the answer.

Deloitte, ItaĂș Unibanco, Siemens Healthineers, NEC, Telecom Infra Project (TIP), AgĂȘncia Brasileira de Desenvolvimento Industrial (ABDI), Banco Interamericano de Desenvolvimento (BID), and Escola PolitĂ©cnica da Universidade de SĂŁo Paulo (Poli-USP).

But this is a proof of concept, not a profitable business.

1 Like

It is a new kind of healthcare management.

With other business models and new management.

Sorry again for Portuguese website:

https://tiinside.com.br/15/09/2022/hc-da-usp-instala-rede-privativa-5g-para-melhorias-nos-servicos-de-saude/

As I said, let us know when this multimillion investment will get profitable.

I would like to remind everyone how other famous technology failed to ramp up even after major investments: 3D TVs and wimax for example.

With public-private partnerships it is possible.

Thank you for your messages. It safe lives, that’s the equation point.

Videocalls on mobile operators also failed, almost no is at all since all users use OTTs.

It is good to show off for 10-20 cases but if it doesn’t work o profit it will spread out. Money makes the world go round.

I am just saying that lifes are money dependant.

And personally i would not handle my life to a remote surgery. Doctors fails even in classic style, let alone MNO problems that can occur.

Ok. Thank you very much for your attention dears

Great team here! :wink:

Specs says 20 msec?

Remote ECG BP Xray viewing also needed a low latency. if FH n MH needs <5-6msec spec?

1msec is radio interface induced delay in NR.

I read the translated version of the article and from what I understand they’re based on wifi since 2016.

“Thinking about the future of the hospital, the DINF director still intends to implement 5G technology for connecting medical equipment and the metaverse”.

More like a near future plan.

I agree on this, since remote telemedicine can benefit from uRLLC.

Yes, this value is close to real-world, if not blink of an eye of a surgeon when handling surgery equipment.

1 Like

Rethink the approach to 5G indoor coverage :point_right: “The cost to MNOs adopting this approach could be close to zero, as the capex and opex for the radio network are covered by neutral hosts exploring the building owner paid business model. MNOs only need to bring in their spectrum assets to the shared networks. It is a risk-free way for them to unlock new business opportunities for delivering indoor services at predictable gigabit speeds with a high average revenue per user (ARPU) premium.”

Visit Source (and Download Analysis): Rethink the approach to 5G indoor coverage