LTE Spectral Efficiency

If I could be given a single indicator of network performance, Spectral Efficiency would be enough.

Have you ever thought about what percentage of the investment is wasted? Is it all just about customer complaints? What about Techno-Business prospects? What should Spectral Efficiency be?

1 Like

Hi @Erkank ,

SE will not be enough, but if you set the threshold based on it’s function (additional condition), then it would be great (because each layer has different function).

CMIIW.
L26 is the Capacity Layer.
L18 is the Main Layer.
L8 is the Penetration Layer.

As you can see on your graph SE L26 > L18 > L8.

It’s happen because layering strategy implemented on the network, which is subscriber near by the center (meaning has better condition) attached to L26, then next layer L18, then next layer L8 (where at L8 layer subscriber has worse condition is handling).

Additional parameter Payload, is still required to be consider for business consideration.

Cheers

“If I could be given a single indicator of network performance, Spectral Efficiency would be enough”

I think you missed the meaning above.

The anomaly in the graph is not the comparison of the frequencies themselves. It is whether these values are below the respective reference values. This may vary by country, but the average is similar.

These values vary depending on modulation, MIMO type, channel BW, even morphology type etc. These are just a small amount of decesive inputs.

Do you have live network experience of what SE should be? Can you share it with us on different frequencies?