Is there any difference coming in UE message between UE and gNB flow due to Open RAN?

Hi Experts.
For Open RAN I have 1 query.

Is there any difference coming in UE message between UE and gNB flow due to Open RAN?

What I understand, Open RAN basically more toward split at RU, DU end.

Not sure is there any impact on signalling message between UE and gNB or not.

UE messages are same.

Ok thanks! :wink:
So no difference Open RAN create for RF optimization side.

I also think call flows stay the same with UE regardless if open RAN or not.

Yes, same call flow.

Access to a 5G network and its associated guaranteed-quality services via a non 3GPP access opens to the definition of new value-added services extended towards a larger group of end-user devices and use-cases. At present Wi-Fi/WLAN and cable specifications were defined, and more extensions can be proposed in future 5G releases, with particular reference to Satellite based non-3GPP access. Satellite could in particular enable large-coverage and mobility cross-the-border applications, where satellite-based access can be used as complementary link (failover, redundancy and resilience) or as supplementary link leveraging its broadcasting nature (best suitable for live IPTV services). Once both 3GPP and non-3GPP access is established to the CN, it is possible to enforce multi-access strategies in the newly defined rel-16 ATSSS (Access Traffic Steering, Switching and Splitting).

Source: 5G: focus on N3IWF, TNGF, TWIF and W-5GAN - RomARS S.r.l.