Is searchspace ID 0 used for paging monitoring or is it only used for searchspace ID 1?

But the table you shared above is just a mapping for types of the different SS sets and use cases.

It has nothing to do with the indexing (ID) of the SS.

The pagingSearchSpace IE can have all values {0,…, 39} (see 38.331 in PDCCH-ConfigCommon IE).
In case it has the index 0, one should simply follow the CSS configuration as given in table 10.1-1 in 38.213.

Maybe I am wrong?

These snap dosn’t convey the info you’re telling.

The conveyed info is “pagingSearchSpace will have the value of searchSpaceID and searchSpaceID can be 0 to Max-1”.

How do I co-relate?

The question was: could we use searchspaceID 0 for pagingSearchspace?

It seems yes according to my snapshot above.

So, searchspaceid 0 isn’t unqiue for sib1 only. We can use it for paging searchspace also… ?

Yes paging control info can come in searchspace id 0 same as sib1.

But this doesn’t mean paging is coming in Type0-PDCCH.

PDCCH type numbers and common search space id numbers are two different things.

See here please searchspace id (starts from 0) :point_up_2:

Does this means paging could come in searchspace id 0, doesn’t?

Yes, the doc and your statement is correct.

But searchspace id 0 and Type2-PDCCH are two different things.

searchspace id 0 dosent mean that Type0-PDCCH will be only mapped to it for SIB Decoding (SIB1).

See in this log. searchSpaceID 1 is mapped to searchSpaceOtherSystemInformation , pagingSearchSpace, ra-SearchSpace. All three have different search space type… Type0A-PDCCH for other SIB, Type2-PDCCH for paging and Type1-PDCCH for ra

As mentioned here above, searchspace id 0 can be only used for sib1. So this is not right, and can be also used for paging…

I also see that searchspaceid1 is for SIB1 while searchspaceid1 was used for paging.

My question still remains: can we use searchspaceid 0 for paging and not only to be used for sib1?

In the image you showed that searchspaceid 1 is used for paging.
And searchspaceid 0 in your image photo I see its for sib1 as well.

Hi all…

I have found the mention of pagingSearchSpace=0 in 3gpp.

Source: https://std-share.itri.org.tw/Content/Files/Event/Files/2.%20NR%20idle%20mode%20status%20Overview_JM_V0.pdf

Source: https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/138300_138399/138304/16.01.00_60/ts_138304v160100p.pdf