Is BSIC Configured at site level or at cell level?

Is BSIC Configured at site level or at cell level?

Cell level only, but usually for one site it is same for all cells

1 Like

Thanks Eugene.

But a further question for more clarity.

If it’s configured at cell level and for example the following cells have different BSIC:

1. Site: 2271 has cells configured with the following BSIC:

a. 22712: BSIC = 36
b. 22717: BSIC = 7
c. 22713: BSIC = 36
d. 22716: BSIC = 47

And also
2. Site: 33272 has cells configured with the following BSIC:

a. 33272: BSIC = 75
b. 33272: BSIC = 31
c. 33273: BSIC = 37
d. 33277: BSIC = 7
e. 33271: BSIC = 30
f. 33275: BSIC = 20

If these sites are located at border towns of two countries and they are supposed to be radiating NCC 3, are all the cells compliant with this NCC or some are compliant and others are not depending on the individual BSIC values assigned to each cell.

I await your response please.

Thank you

For NCC 3, your BSIC must be in the range 24-31 (TSC 0-7).

BSIC is composed of NCC | TSC (each field 3 bits)

Sorry, but I do not understand your situation. Two different countries and two different operators use same frequency band, right?
BSIC = NCC + BCC, so in your case these 2 operators should use different NCC at least on country border
NCC - network colour code is designed especially for this case

@Eugene_Yakovlev
Yes the 2 operators should use different NCC at least on country border. The results I shared are the BSICs of those cells of the same operator who is expected to be implementing NCC 3.

My request is for you to help me and guide me if BSIC is configured at cell level am i right to say cells 22717, 22716, 33272, 33277 and 33275 are violating NCC at this border if the operator is supposed to be radiating NCC 3, based on the results I shared.

yes, these cells should use BSIC 3x. But may be for you will be more easy to have agreement to divide all possible NCC values into 2 parts: 0,1,2,3 for first operator and 4,5,6,7 for second operator.
BSIC (both NCC and BCC) is configured for cell level

Okay.

Thanks for your assistance

Here is example of command for Huawei:
Modify GSM Cell at BSC(MOD GCELL)

To modify parameters of a cell (Index Type = BYID; Cell Index = 1; Cell MCC = 455; Cell IUO type = Concentric_cell;Enhanced Concentric Allowed = ON), run the following command: MOD GCELL: IDTYPE=BYID, CELLID=1, MCC=β€œ455”, NCC=1, EXTTP=Normal_cell, IUOTP=Concentric_cell, ENIUO=ON;

1 Like

Thank you very much @Eugene_Yakovlev. I highly appreciate