Inter Handover preparation success rate 0%

Hi all,

I would appreciate it if someone could aid me in determining the reason of 0% success rate for the inter handover preparation between L2300 and L1800 (Ericsson vendor).

I defined the L2300 frequencies on the L1800 site side but the problem still 0% success rate with 1500 inter prep attempts;what should I check again?

Admin note: this post was updated with image below.
Inter Handover preparation success rate 0%

Hi!
Try to check S1 with MME and X2 interfaces with target Base Stations.

Handover Preparation phase is where resources are prepared in the target cell. Handover Execution phase is where the move from source to target cell is performed.
So it could be something with admission control, MME or any kind of resource preparation and availability at the target cell

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply. After checking the target site, it didn’t show any alarms or availability problems. I also checked the MMEs, which are enabled and the same on each site.

How can I check the S1 and X2 on other way.Thanks

Here are some ways to check the S1 and X2 interfaces on a cellular network:

S1 interface:

• Ping test: You can use the ping command to test the connectivity between the eNodeB and the MME. From the eNodeB, ping the IP address of the MME. If the ping is successful, it means that the S1 interface is up and running.
  • Trace route: You can use the trace route command to trace the path of packets from the eNodeB to the MME. This can help you to identify any problems with the S1 interface, such as high latency or packet loss.
  • Check the S1 interface statistics: Most eNodeBs have a built-in tool that allows you to view the S1 interface statistics. These statistics can include the number of packets sent and received, the number of errors, and the latency.

X2 interface:

• Ping test: You can use the ping command to test the connectivity between two eNodeBs. From one eNodeB, ping the IP address of the other eNodeB. If the ping is successful, it means that the X2 interface is up and running.
  • Trace route: You can use the trace route command to trace the path of packets between two eNodeBs. This can help you to identify any problems with the X2 interface, such as high latency or packet loss.
  • Check the X2 interface statistics: Most eNodeBs have a built-in tool that allows you to view the X2 interface statistics. These statistics can include the number of packets sent and received, the number of errors, and the latency.

You can also use a network monitoring tool to monitor the S1 and X2 interfaces. These tools can provide real-time visibility into the performance of the interfaces, and they can also alert you to any problems.

I hope this information is helpful.

What’s the preparation failure cause? You can check the HO statistics of the neighbor pair.