Huawei SRVCC to GERAN Issue

Hi everyone,

I have walked through the complete steps for activating and configuring SRVCC to GERAN, but I have not found anything suspicious or obviously misconfigured.

  • SRVCC to UTRAN: Working fine.

  • SRVCC to GERAN: Not working / not being triggered.

  • I have reviewed the relevant configurations and activation steps, but so far, nothing abnormal has been identified.

Could anyone advise on what additional parameters, configurations, or signaling messages I should check, particularly on the Huawei BSC/eNodeB/EPC side, to identify why SRVCC to GERAN is not being triggered?

Any experience or troubleshooting recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Vendor: Huawei

Hello!
Confirm that the “SRVCC handover to GERAN” feature is actually activated on the eNodeB. It is possible to have UTRAN SRVCC active while GERAN SRVCC is disabled.
Check EPC (MME/HSS) Signaling and Parameters.
Please view Topic:

GeranSrvccSwitch:On.

the core is shared with sites are not under my responsibility and i see the srvcc geran is working there.
I performed comparison nothing found.

is there license needed from BSC side?

br//

May be…
Ensure the BSC software version supports SRVCC to GERAN interworking.
Compare any properties with BSC where SRVCC is working ok.

And have u any traces from “Core to RAN”? Can u see Failures from BSC side etc..?

never triggered iratho.srvcc.e2g.prepattout never counted

When this counter stays at zero, the problem is not a failure during preparation or execution—it is a failure to trigger the procedure in the first place. Check MME side. May be have any missed Flag (SRVCCOperationPossible etc.)

we have MME pool all network is connected to 2 MMEs same fo utran and geran

in any case, since there is no first message (trigger) towards BSC, I think it is necessary to check the MME before starting. Let them put a trace on the MME side and show if a message is being formed towards RAN with SRVCC?