It’s a general topic but mostly we are going to struggle lot of time to reduce BLER.
What is BLER?
BLER (Block error rate) = Number of erroneous blocks / total number of received blocks
The calculation is based on CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) evaluation which is used for inspection the transport blocks at receiver side.
A) Reasons for DL BLER?
- Noisy signal transmission by the network.
- Not maintained desired levels of RSRP power levels.
- Mismatch of DL grants parameters.
- And also may be possibility to check physical connections of NW side.
B) Reasons for UL BLER?
- UE low transmission power.
- UE Measured low SNR values from network .
- High UL interference.
- Mismatch of UL grant parameters.
- And also may be possibility to check physical connections of UE side.