- It’s between cells when a UE moves from one sector to another sector which are managed by the same eNB.
- Handover within an E-UTRAN. The procedure for when a UE is entering a cell managed by the eNB from a cell managed by a second eNB.
Inter MME (Mobility Management Entity).
- This handover is triggered when the UE moves from one MME area to another MME area.
- When the UE moves from MME to another MME in same area.
Inter SGW (Serving Gateway).
- When the UE moves from one SGW area to another SGW area.
- UE moves from SGW to another SGW in same area.
- Inter-frequency handovers are employed when a mobile device moves from one frequency band to another, typically from one carrier frequency to another.
- Intra-frequency handovers occur when a mobile device moves within the same frequency band and connects to a different cell but on the same frequency.
- Inter-RAT (Radio Access Technology) Handover, also known as Inter-Technology Handover, occurs when a mobile device needs to switch between different radio access technologies.
- Handover to WCDMA.
- Handover to GERAN.
- Handover to CDMA.