The prospect of offering large contiguous frequency bands to meet the demand for extremely high data transfer rates in the Tbit/s range is making terahertz (THz) waves a key research area for the next generation of wireless communications (6G).
This white paper offers an overview of the fundamentals of THz waves and their properties for various applications with a focus on 6G based communications.
In this white paper you will learn more about:
- Key performance requirements and research areas of 6G
- THz based communication and sensing
- Generation of THz radiation
- High-frequency semiconductor technologies
- Channel propagation measurements
A huge spectrum will be available in the mmWave and THz frequency range. Spectrum of frequency bands available for wireless communications. The 5G bands in FR1 and FR2 are distributed over the range below 71 GHz. 6G research is concentrating on the D and H bands.
Source (to download the white paper):