Free Tools Initiative

Hello.

My name is Emmanuel Robert Ssebaggala. I am the Founder of [Bodastage Solutions] and a telecomHall Administrator, and together with Leo we want to share with you a new set of free tools.

Like Leo, I have a good number of years in the Telecom industry. I have decided to participate in this initiative of giving everyone better ways to run their daily tasks through simple but yet powerful tools because I truly believe in building a community that will add value to telecom professionals in whatever they do through discussion and collaboration. I believe telecomHall is the place we can achieve this. Your participation through comments, questions and sharing will be very important in building what could become an industry reference for tooling years down the road.

We will start with basic CM parsers for all vendors. For each of the following weeks, we will publish a new parser for a different vendor and access technology.

I hope you all enjoy it.

BR,
Emmanuel

19 Likes

Can I find macro tool for UMFI Audit in Ericsson based on HO STS

Hello @Anas22901860

We’re starting with basic macros (actually programs).

First we’ll parse (handle) CM Configuration Data. It is useful to create Audits, Baselines and so on.

Later we’ll create / share another macros.

The goal is to have a Community, where everyone helps each other. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is an amazing initiative Emmanuel. Its high time there was an open source capability for this. Quite obviously the RAN vendors are not going to sign up for this but much needed.

Thanks again

1 Like

Thank you very much! I’m already using your parser tools!

Hi @Claudio_G_Santos,

I am glad you are finding them useful. More tools will be coming in the near future. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

Emmanuel

3 Likes

Hello Emmanuel,

Very good Job by creating the CM parsers. what i like the most of these parsers is the short time within which huge data is presented in readable format which really helps to verify mass changes post implementation.

Thank you very much and i hope we all together can help and support eachother to excel.

2 Likes

I am New here. Thanks for the generous thought of the helping community.

Very Great initiative.

This is a very great and powerful tool! Just to have the parser in hand for any vendor is a very big differential. Sometime we must have to optimize the interoperability between LTE, WCDMA or GSM whetheaver WCDMA belongs to Huawei and LTE belongs to Ericsson for example.

Hi Emmanuel, I have a tool for mapinfo for 2G 3G and 4G, if you want, I can share this tool with all people.

Best regards
Jorge Zambrano

4 Likes

@Jorge_Zambrano that would be great. We can take some of that functionality and add it to this project.

interessted

Find latest version of Boda here: Boda Quick Reference Guide

Dear all.

We’re very happy to announce that we’re coming back with the Free Tools initiative, or more specifically, Open Source tools.

Probably many of you may remember this initiative, which began in 2017.

After 2 years of development, however, the initiative lost momentum, and as there was no feedback, we chose to discontinue it - there was no participation, so the project no longer made sense, at least not in the way it was conceived.

Although the initial project stalled, one of its modules, which does the CM (Configuration Parameters) processing, continued available - Boda Lite - currently used by tens of thousands of professionals all over the World!

The success of Boda Lite, as a free CM processing tool, and also the success of other initiatives that continued in parallel (people who downloaded the Boda code and currently use it in their companies) made us believe that the project is possible.

We’ve learned from the past, and this time we’re going to do it differently. Everything will always remain free, as it always was. But this time we will start a journey with those who are really willing to participate, together.

We know we can go much more far together. And far beyond what we have today. Let’s build the Tool together (actually, the tool is very advanced. For example, now in addition to Java we use Python a lot!. And in the GEO part, we’re going to work with QGIS.)

In short, let’s take advantage of the most powerful thing we have: our Community.

And so, uniting the powerful algorithms of Boda with the strength of the Community, we will be launching our new Solution: Hunter Community Edition! [Hunter CE]

In the next few days we’ll give you more details on how it all works, but our goal is to allow anyone - anyone really - who has an interest to be able to use the community solution!

4 Likes