Feature to help in Ducting Effect / RSSI?

Hi Experts…
Do we have any feature in Ericsson which can be helpful in Ducting Effect / RSSI?

Thanks

Admin note: this post was updated with image below.

In Ericsson, check:
Atmospheric Duct Interference Reduction (FAJ 121 5065).

1 Like

Dears,
will using special subframe pattern 5 on interfering site and using special subframe pattern 7 on normal sites together (neighbor sites) lead to network wide interference?

1 Like

Hello Experts.

Have someone here already activated the Ericsson LTE Feature Ducting Interference Reduction with antenna model 6488?

The feature is aclive, gets slope detections but doesn’t interference reduction events.

We have been trialing a many different parameters configurations with no success.

It would bel very helpful to know or read about your experiences.

Thanks.

Hi, we are facing it here in Iran on L2300 & L2600 bands.

Interference is mostly coming from Arab countries across the Persian Gulf.

We have implemented some features and trials to suppress the impact of interference on major KPIs.

Does that means Interference due to very large overshooting coverage that create time delay shifting?

Yes exactly.

TDD systems are generally more prone to this type of interference as due to reflection of radio waves by atmospheric layers and the increased time delay, Downlink subframes of a remote eNodeB (in another country) can overlap the Uplink subframes of your network causing major KPI degradation.

1 Like

Oh, I see.

This kind of problem I’ve been facing at my first TDD deployment in 2015.

It will impact some enB in specific area at the same time under the coverage interferer.

How do we find the suspect

1. Coverage prediction.
  2. PCI alarm generation.

How do we find the interferer

1. Reducing power of suspect one by one.

Is there any update method for this one?

Maybe someone can share the experience also…

We observed the same years ago but with the help of ITU and Authorities Coordination issue was resolved.

It was coming from Albustan Muscat / Oman.

There are some specific features and actions proposed by vendors to reduce the impact of ducting interference on major KPIs.

In Huawei RAN you may refer to “interference mitigation” feature documentation.

In Ericsson RAN you may refer to “atmospheric duct interference reduction” feature description.

There should be some similar options in Nokia as well.

Yes Nokia has this feature also (i read from their document):

• Activate TDD Remote Interference Avoidance feature

• Activate TDD Remote Interference Mitigation feature