Extreme massive MIMO for 5G-Advanced and 6G evolution

The 6G era’s enormous capacity demands will require new spectrum and extreme massive MIMO

Source:

What is 6G extreme massive MIMO?

Is it same concept like 5G massive MIMO?

I’ve seen such idea shown in IMC event ongoing.

Hi @ankgitm, I am from IIT Hyderabad and WiSig Networks, we demonstrated this 6G extreme massive MIMO at IMC.

Great work :+1:

Can you please explain this concept in brief for 6G when you’re free from event?

Sure!

The IITH developed an experimental research prototype with the aim to discover achievable performance limits. The first set of pilots conducted using 192 antennas and 48 radio frequency chains showed that up to 24-36 users could be served in the same spectrum. This is a 3-fold improvement over the state-of-the-art 5G massive MIMO technology, designed to support 12 simultaneous users.

Seems concept is same like 4g ,5g massive MIMO where users come in pairing as per AoA, CQI reported and no of layers condition.
In 6G more users come in pairing, i.e. 24 to 36 as mentioned.

For 5g with FR1 at max 8 users come in pairing with 8 SSB using rank 2 or 4 users with 8 SSB using rank 4.

Practically pairing ratio seen less over sites as of now.

Anyone having stats for 5G how many max users seen in pairing if any trial there or deployment for NR with massive MIMO?

Nice. :+1:

Huawei has max 16 PDSCH layers, so max 8 users paired per TTI.

Thanks!

Is it with 8 SSB beams?

For NR it’s per slot scheduling.

But is nearly impossible to pair 8 users. They have to be ideally located.

In reality 3-4-5 users can be paired.

Huawei does not deliver PDSCH over SSB beams, only Nokia does this.

Yes agree even 2 users pairing tough as wellm so gain out of massive MIMO tough to extract.

Can you please tell how PDSCH beam differ from SSB beams.

Is it 3GPP specified?

SSB beams are static.

PDSCH beams are dynamic either PMI based or SRS based.

Ok. Is there any parameter to configure such settings in Huawei?

What I know there is refined and coarse beams controlled by parameter like nooftransmittedssblocks , nrbeamrefinement etc