Extend LTE coverage in Ships

Hi guys

I have done some testing using lte extender antenna to extend coverage in ships and all services Drops after 29-30 km from the beach knowing that RSRP = -100dbm after 30km and SINR= 1 db

Are there specific parameter in the enodeB i have to change it to reach more than 50km for maritime?

1 Like

probably cellrange its locked at 35 km

Cell range is locked to 15 km
do i have to change to 70 km?

Any other parameter need to change like preambleformat?

Also there is a feature called MaximumCellrange do i have to activated it? And is it free feature?

yes you have to change it, try to follow documentation. From past experience passed 35 km you will need feature activation etc etc. Try to modify the cell range to 35 km and follow your vendor documentation in regards to parameters and dependencies. Good luck

Im trying to find the best setup and there is no document that i can follow for sea coverage enodeb // ericsson.

I just found that i have to change the cellrang= 70km
And preambleFormat= 1 instead of 0.

In Huawei system, there is a feature named “Extended Cell Range”.

In Ericsson as i know there is feature called MaximumCellRange for over 100Km but im looking for 50 to 60 km only.

Thats great, so you can adjust the cell radius accordingly. reduced from 100km to 60km.

Maybe think about root sequence because it should match the cell range.

How to change the preamble format mode from 0 to 1 in ericsson enodeB ?

There is no parameter with that name??

You need to activate proper feature. Proper feature will do the job and will automatically select proper preambleFormat

Its default feature or paid ?

If I remember correctly
The Maximum Cell Range feature provides support for a maximum cell range of 100 km.

Beyond 100 km is additional feature anyway beyond 100km requires maximum cell range feature to be operable.

Yes it has license…

We dont want to reach more than 80 km.

So activating cell range license (maximumCellRange) =more than 100km not our target.

Our aim 40-60 km only and i want to know the specific ericsson parameter to adjust.

From a 2020 documentation, I guess it’s a must if you want to reach greater than 15 Km. But to be honest not sure, better raise an inquiry with E… because it may depend on the bts model and sw version.

1 Like

Yeah I understood it basing on your earlier comments that’s why I said that you need to activate Maximum Cell range not beyond 100 km. These are two separate features(separate but related). Without It you won’t be able to change cellRange attribute to >15km

1 Like