Does Samsung S21 Exynos chipset support SA network?

Samsung Galaxy S21 (Global) (SM-G991B) | 4G/5G Bands & Combos only NSA is mentioned.

Ideally it should also support SA.

LATAM S21 has been certified by ANATEL (Brazilian regulatory agency) to work in SA.

Maybe the model used in cacombos log collection do not have 5G SA capabilitiesā€¦

There are 12 different S21 versions.

Are you referring to G991B?

Yes, precisely G991B.

That is exactly the situation with G991B.

Then it should be capable.

All the 5G UEs based on Rel-16 (most flagships after mid 2020) and above are capable.

Itā€™s just matter of software update afterwords.

If operator ask, the OEM gives SA enabled phones for testing.

Large interest if they ask for commercial use across users.

Hi all.

Now my issue is: S21 Exynos is only attaching to SA cell when searchspacecount is 1, but with searchspacecount 2 isnt working/attaching.

Any idea why?

Please check if the CORESET search space is exceeding the channel BW.

Thanks.

Itā€™s not exceeding ā€¦

Basically with two searchspaces within same formate dci like 0 0 0 1
It works aswell.

Only when configure specific searchspace for dci 1 0 1 1 and other searchspace for 0 1 0 0 then it doesnā€™t work.

Anyone knows if Samsung S21 exynos support two searchspaces or not? For all DCI formats?

All UEs support more than one search spaces, common search space and dedicated search space.

Yes, every UE have to support all 3GPP defined search spaces.

Otherwise UE will not be able to latch.

I understand that in my case it means two dedicated search spaces?

My issue is that I need to configure two search spaces since each search space has certain DCI format .

• For searchspace 1: Dciformat 0 1 1 1
  • For searchspace 2: Dciformat 1 0 0 0

Is it valid for all UEs?

Issue is that I have UE only attach to the cell with only one dedicated searchspace so not all dci formats will be there.

With two dedicated searchspace itā€™s not attaching.

Only this UE model - other UEs attach fine with two dedicated searchspaces.

1 Like

Use different slot in ss.

Also if you are using tdd then increased ss.

May network or device have limitations, so you can configure one more ss with different symbols within the same symbol.

If I configure both two searchspaces in same DCI format then UE connect fine.

Only when both two searchsapces are configured within same DCI then UE connect and attach to cell.

Yes, use different symbols for 2nd ss.

And give shot.

I tried to use one SS for certain DCI format with X candidates, second SSI used different DCI format than first SS but with 0 candidates.

Then UE didnā€™t connect to the cell.