Difference between Qualcomm Academy and Huawei Academy

Dear all.

Our university is considering the Qualcomm academy program for the telecom degree students.

Since Huawei academy is quite established (at least in my region), curious to know what others here think whether this will add value for telecom graduate?

Essentially is it any difference between Qualcomm Academy and Huawei Academy?

Admin note: this post was updated with image below.

1 Like

I think it is completely related to your career road map.

If you are thinking of working on chipsets in your career, Qualcom is always better.

However, in the field of practical optimization, if you want to make a career plan combined with script programming languages and Python, Huawei is better.

Of course, Qualcom company also has active and practical optimization activities, but it is mostly focused on tool development and measurement mechanisms.

However, Qualcom is not a company that produces general practical equipment. Although it produces measuring devices, measuring tools, chipsets, etc.,

Huawei is working on programs based on vendor-specific equipment and measuring these equipment.

Qualcomm:

• Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.: Qualcomm is a multinational semiconductor and telecommunications equipment company. They are known for developing and licensing wireless technologies. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated.
  • Qualcomm Learning Center: Qualcomm provides educational resources and training programs through the Qualcomm Learning Center. These programs often focus on wireless technologies, including mobile communications, IoT (Internet of Things), and other related areas.

Huawei:

• Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.: Huawei is a global provider of telecommunications equipment and services, as well as a leading player in the development of 5G technology.
  • Huawei ICT Academy: Huawei operates the Huawei ICT Academy, a program that partners with educational institutions worldwide to offer ICT (Information and Communication Technology) training and certifications. The academy aims to bridge the gap between academic knowledge and industry needs, particularly in the field of ICT.
    It’s important to note that the specifics of training programs, academies, or educational initiatives can change, and new developments may have occurred since my last update. To obtain the most accurate and current information, I recommend checking the official websites of Qualcomm and Huawei, as well as any specific academies or training programs they may offer.

If “Qualcomm Academy” or “Huawei Academy” refer to specific programs or entities that have emerged after my last update, I recommend checking the respective official sources for detailed and up-to-date information.

1 Like

Update:

After few days of doing additional readings, I just discovered that surprisingly qualcomm has added several core telecom topics in their courses.

1 Like

These are paid and very expensive!

My boss was trying to purchase them for my team, but their price was unreasonable.

Is there another way to get the course?

Thanks all for sharing your experience.

We will explore on potential discount since this will be offered via university degree programme.

Will update once we able to establish contact