Change in hiring strategies for telecom service providers in India and across the World.
Around $3 billion is targeted to spend for recruitment till March 2023 and this momentum is expected to continue for at least the next 10 quarters.
Below are some of the Strategies which telecom companies are aiming for:
- Strategy 1 - Hiring team for in-house technical roles, i.e. keeping technical roles in-house which will help with data security & also reduces the cost of appointing vendors.
- Strategy 2 – Appointing Local Vendors for client-facing or Telecom Field-related work/roles (Fiber and Cell Site deployment).
- Strategy 3 – Hiring team for in-house 5G / IoT / Security / Digital Transformation & for AI-related work.
- Strategy 4 – Bulk Hiring for IT / Software / Cloud Engineers.
- Strategy 5 – Educated E-commerce team which can relate 5G Use cases & its application to resolve customer’s needs.
- Strategy 6 (Most Important) – Collaborative with niche vendors for Digital Transformation / Automation / Monetization / New Development.
- Strategy 7 – Focus on setup the RnD team for new trials/testing and the Deployment team for Network expansion/upgrades.
Key engineering domains/streams for recruitment:
- Communication & Networks (ECC)
- Computer science
- IT / Software
- Master in Mathematics
- Master in Data Science / AI / ML
- Certified in Cloud / Computing / K8 and App Developers.
Key skills / technologies:
- Artificial intelligence / Machine learning
- NLP / Deep Learning
- Image processing
- 5G / IoT / Connectivity / Communication networks
- Cloud & Big data
- Business intelligence & predictive analysis
LinkedIn: PARTH CHOLERA on LinkedIn: #hiring #telecom #serviceproviders #india #engineering #skills…