Cell phone Support for 5G

Hi Team,

My company has a FCC license for the 3400-3600 MHz.
I am having this cell phone - model Asus Zenfone 8 Flip - that supports
[5G bands] 77, 78 SA/NSA
My 5G is a SA mode deployment.
So please let me know if this model will be compatible and work in my private 5G implementation

Thank you very much in advance for your help in reading my request

Yours Sincerely

Badri Shiv

Dear,

I assume you have tested this phone in lab environment for assure SA capabilities are enable on this phone.

Besides that, I don’t see any limitations on your deploy. N78 ranges from 3300-3800, so it comprises the range your company bought.

Dear,

Thanks for that response. The cell phone is in the US and we are going to use it for a private 5G network (we have our own 5g core) using 3400-3600 MHz. Also we don’t want to buy a cell phone and then go to tech support and find out that it is not supporting. So was wondering if anyone on this forum can demystify the Band allocation and its actual working in cell phone.

Thanks.

Phones often have Carrier Policy have certain 5G-bands enabled on different networks.

If you rooted Asus phone, you can get log from device and see there supported bands and combinations. On cacombos.com have good list of smart phones support different bands and combinations.

Probably not. But the problem isn’t the bands, it’s SA. Generally to enable it you need your PLMN to be listed in Android. As a private network you may not have a suitable PLMN. Even though we do, and are a full GSMA operator member, we have to refresh phones with a custom load to support SA.