Cell Overshooting After New Carrier Addition

HI Experts,

Recently we have added a new carrier in our LTE NW.
It’s Observed that Cells where New Carrier is configured are Overshooting. Initially NW Was configured with single Carrier on 1800 band And now NW is configured with 2 Carrier on 1800 Mhz band C1-10 Mhz/C2-10 Mhz.Power for both the C1 & C2 Carrier is same while C1 is configured on all the sites while C2 is configured on Limited number of sites and these sites are scattered and spread across the NW.No Parameter changes done-But still C2 Carrier is overshooting. I would request to suggest what can be the issue in this case.

Hello,
This is typical island case after spectrum harmonization, i just solved this kind of issue.

You need to disable handover and idle mode load sharing from neighboring sites(which do not have 1800-C2 ) toward 1800-C2. This will resolve the issue.

2 Likes

Better to have 20 MHz carrier in 1800 but while using diff 10+10 MHz It is not an issue, it is bound to happen as C2 sites are less than obviously MS-BS distance is high & reflecting in Ue distance.
You need to check priority for both layers, both should be same only as seems coverage layers.
You can play with RSRP threshold to restrict Traffic to go in C2 carrier or vice versa.

1 Like

Thanks for The Reply
You need to disable handover and idle mode load sharing from neighbouring sites(which do not have 1800-C2 ) toward 1800-C2. This will resolve the issue-
Yes this will surely Help in Reducing The Load on C2 Carrier but I have a doubt on Overshooting issue . as Users Latched to C2 Carrier will be Less prone to interference from Nearby sites without C2 Carrier and User will be on C2 for longer distance( As no Intrafrequency NBR is available ) till the time inter frequency HO condition is not met-Correct me if i am wrong.

Will Changing the Value of A1/A2/A3 … I mean early Handover from C2 Carrier to other Band…will help to Reduce Overshooting?

Thank For Reply and valuable input
Priority is same for both the carrier…but C2 Is configured on Lower Frequency so it;s RSRP Is better. Yes Planning to Change RSRP Thresholds for early handoff /Cell Reselection from C2 Carrier.

<Will Changing the Value of A1/A2/A3 … I mean early Handover from C2 Carrier to other Band…will help to Reduce Overshooting? >
Yes this will also help. but firstly make the above change (HO, idle load disable). Then observe overshooting (TA). if it still exist then lets see what to do. (You can put RSRP based inter frequency HO from 1800-C2 ->1800-C1 of nbr sites. For this make A1/A2 higher value)