APP for band lock?

Hi Exprts,

Does any one suggest any APP for band lock?

The best is Network Guru.
But it is paid and only works with rooted mobile.

Yes, I think not available for normal mobile through APP, only rooted.
TEMS pocket or similar software required.

NetMonster have such as features. Phone info-> find Set Preferred Network Type: ->choose the technology

Cellular Pro can also lock bands on Qualcomm processors, like NSG.
MTK has its own app for that.
Devices like Samsung can have their own internal app (when it hasn’t been removed). My old S7Edge had it to lock bands on an Exynos processor, and it was later removed on a sw update.
Just check your phone to know which processor you have, then check the tools needed. Probably it will have to be rooted.

I use “SAMSUNG BAND SELECTION” app for SAMSUNG Phones. Very useful…

Recently Samsung added a new feature to some Galaxy devices that allows to lock the phones to user specified frequency bands, even if the device is not rooted.

1. Install the app QuickShortcutManager from the Appstore

2. Open it & Browse until you find the application " Call Settings " under “Activities”(green icon with phone). Expand and choose the one that shows the link com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui/ com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui.hiddennetworksetting.MainActivity.

3. Press " Try " - confirm that the " Network " selection menu shows up

4. Press Create on the bottom - the shortcut should be associated to the previously created widget in the home screen

5. Go to the home screen and press the widget - the “Network” menu should be presented, showing options to select the technology or the bands

1 Like