Considered a hype for some time, 5G is bringing Private Networks to reality.
A lot of companies are running 5G Private Network projects, and these are some of the key lessons from real implementations we can summarize till now:
- There is no "one-size’-fits-all’ for private networks.
- Each industry may require different access solutions
- It needs a decision wethear to move from Wifi to 5G due to handover issues
- Wifi indoor has poor handover, compared to 5G
- This created challenges for indoor mobility use cases
- Latency results for 5G are around 10-16ms. (1ms is hype)
- Good use cases: Remote and Virtual inspection
- It’s very important to research to decide good partners
- Spectrum: also to decide Bandwith (i.e. 100Mhz) and Frequency (3.5Ghz)
- It is critical to include all the ecosystem in this project including chip manufacturers, suppliers and partners.
Any other point to consider, when a company want to adopt 5G private network?