Wireless telecommunications is a “word soup” of acronyms and terms.
Learn 20 commonly used RAN terms and the concepts associated with them.
- 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)
- RAN disaggregation vs. RAN decomposition
- RAN functional split options
- Higher Layer Split (HLS) and Lower Layer Split (LLS)
- Distributed Unit (DU) and Centralized Unit (CU)
- Centralized and Distributed RAN (C-RAN and D-RAN)
- Open RAN, O-RAN, and OpenRAN
- Cloud RAN
- Common Public Radio Interface (CPRI)
- Radio over Ethernet (RoE)
- eNodeB (eNB) and gNodeB (gNB)
- Wrap up