What are main KPI and Parameters to check for CS Voice Quality in 3G Networks?

Hello everyone,

Currently I am working with Huawei network and we are facing a problem with voice quality (polqa algorithms).

We have a bad results in only 3g cs, with good radio conditions and all parameters were ok.

Is there anyone here that can help us to identify the cause of this issue to identify the KPI and Parameters which influence Voice Quality in 3g network?

What i have checked so far:

• IuB is ok and all parameters of NodeB and RNC are ok.
    We facing this issue just in some area we don’t know why.

• Problem with RF cables alignment or hardware issue → all hardware are OK.

• “Garbled Noise Detection and Correction of AMR Voice” - feature that helped others a lot.

• In Ericsson we have a parameter (RNC) blerQualityTarget (UL/DL). Is there anything like it for Huawei?

• Same issue of cs voice quality (MOS) in nokia since long time. We have checked everything.
    Does anyone can help for better MOS?

• RTWP checked in all layers. (W900 layer then it is proned to external interference)

• Checked mr event 1 ecio counter in u2k or prs. Degraded for those cells

• Checked transmission, as well as getting all feeders and fly leads PIM tested

I suggest to check MOS in CS-Core.

how to improve the Voice quality in 3G ? and what parameters can be modified to improve the voice quality in huawei ?
BR

Hello Experts.

Any comments on this feature?

Garbled Noise Detection and Correction of AMR Voice

Is it a RAN or Core feature?

RAN Feature.

RAN has very little knowledge of voice packets so bit skeptic of this feature.

Have you tried it? Why no switch on one site and see results…

1 Like

No I have not tried but the occurances of garbled voice as per stars are being pegged.