RS SINR and PDSCH SINR

This is power distribution.

But relation of noise on RS and noise on PDSCH cannot be calculated have to be measured.

I guess UE just measure rs-sinr, then plus some offset value, not measure pdsch sinr.

I never saw any static relation between rs-sinr and pdsch-sinr.
Even XCAP tool just gives just rs sinr.
Pdsch-sinr is devices internal proprietary measurement, and cqi is constructed from pdsch-sinr.
Rs-sinr is used for mobility triggering only (rel13).

Over the whole band of 100 PRBs, I agree.

Probe also has rs sinr only, not show pdsch sinr.

UE can’t measure PDSCH SINR.
How is it possible without any reference symbol?

You know the RS power, then you know pa and pb, so you know the pdsch power without interference.
Once you measure the rs sinr ( without interference) you shoudl now what pdsch sinr would be (without interference)

There is parameter called “Nominal PDSCH-to-RS-EPRE-offset”.
Required for any reporting on PUCCH and PUSCH.
Provides information about the nominal measurement offset (in dB) between the PDSCH and RS EPRE that the UE should assume when computing CQI.

Yes…but Pa/ Pb will tell you the power only about those symbol containing the reference signal.

I see this parameter is always 0.
What will happen if I keep non zero value?

I guess it affect CQI computing in device.

Does anyone see after modify pci mod 3 conflict, throughput improve?

Yes a lot.

Pa will tell you the pdsch power compared to rs power (like -4.77 dB less for example like in the picture).
For the symbols with out RS.

Yes more specifically if this issue persists in co-site neighbors.

Continuing our SINR discussion one can have fun calculating SINR online here:

https://comtech.vsb.cz/qualmob/sinr_lte.html

rsrp is needed, interference si needed and noise is needed.
Without those 3 SINR cannot be calculated. So SINR is definitely a measurement not a calculation.
You need 3 inputs to calculate SINR ;signal, noise and interference.

1 Like

Sinr is an RF measurement, which is less complicated to obtain on a receiver than bler.
This is why we estimate PDCCH bler from sinr, instead of calculating it.
But sinr → bler is strongly dependent on receiver architecture.
This is why you should always buy Qualcomm! :wink:

1 Like

:slight_smile: nice advertisement here.

But honestly how the UE calculates sinr? the RSRP is known as it is measured. The noise can be estimated base don bandiwdth and temperature. But how the UE knows the interference?
How the UE measures interference from other cells?
For pdsch sinr I mean.
You know Balong are not bad either.
Lot of UE capabilities especially P40Pro for NR.
I also see that latest Qualcomm supports IE for NR “overheatingInd supported”.

By the way, those TEMS measurements are one every 2 seconds. I wouldn’t trust them much:

Is it a snippet (instant) or do they average it?

Here’s the official defnition of SS-SINR in 5G: “SS-SINR is defined as the linear average over the power contribution (in [W]) of the resource elements carrying secondary synchronisation signals divided by the linear average of the noise and interference power contribution (in [W]) over the resource elements carrying secondary synchronisation signals within the same frequency bandwidth (ETSI TS 138 215 V15.2.0).”