N78 TDD tilt planning to get best DL throughput

SSB beams are only used to camp on the NR using B1.

There is no impact of digital tilts on SSB on the PDSCH beams.

If you downtilt, the B1 trigger will definitely be impacted as B1 reports are based on SSB RSR.

So why my throughput chances than?

No scg attempts are same.

In my understanding changing SSB beams impacting PMI beams.

So indirectly impacts throughput.

It can definitely impact your throughput but not because of PDSCH but because downtilting or upltilting will change the foot print of the NR cell.

If you increase the tilt, you will shrink the cell size and hence worst cells may not camp on NR anymore and may improve your OSS throughput.

Will work in reverse if you uptilt and more impact would be on UL throughputs since its more senstive to radio

It is drive test, I uptilted actually 3 deg.

So user throughput impacted.

There is no link with PDSCH beam but you may investigate other things.

scg attempts in drive test?

Changed para, went to DT and left parameter for a while, scgnb addition from OSS.

So what was the impact on DL and UL throughput?

Could it be related with CSI RS?

Could be.

If it is DL.

+4.5 tilt

UL over 50 Mbps samples degraded, 40-50 Mbps range better comparing to 7.5 downtilt.

In DL over 200 Mbps samples, also 50 to 80 Mbps samples improved.

CSI RS resources in DL and impacts UE PMI reports.

You Uptilted the NR cell - NR coverage should have increased based on SSB RSRP.

To corelate throughput, you need to corelated the with a number of things and see which of the metrics degraded with throughput - Modulation, RI, MCS , SINR - and then continue to conclude the optimal settings.

-100 -80 range improved yes.

What is the B1 value?

CSI RS SINR improved for good samples so thr improved because of that I think.

Not sure which tool you are using but it would better to isolate the areas which had no NR in pre and have NR in post.

Because in case you change SSB tilts, the areas which had NR in pre should perform the same way in post.

Left N, right E vendor we can say.

4x8-port beamforming

Thats why i think when u change SSB beam tilts it impacts CSI-RS and indirectly UE PMI reports

CQI and MCS indirectly.

I use tems discovery to analyze logs, but i will try to check , rank usage, cqi, mcs also, did a quick analysis and found DL throughput was better .

SSB beam tilts are different than antenna electrical tilt?

No, there is only 1 parameter called “etiltoffset”, this is for all. -3 +3 range in general.

Is this Nokia specific?

And how this offset works?

Let’s say my ret = 10 degree and offset is +2.

There is no ret this is MAA, radio and antenna is combined.

Only you can give mechanicel tilt.

etiltoffset = positive means additional electrical downtilt . minus electrical uptilt.

So in my understanding, when u change eitlt you change ssb beam tilt for sure and also PMI beams directions are changed.

But Nokia does not tell us this is happening like that.