How PRB utilization is impacted by inactivity timer change?

Actually high frequency 2300 is capacity layer while 1800-850 is coverage layer and is should be opposite as you say

The priorities in idle and mobility params in connected will rule where the user stay, not tilts, when all 4 layers will be available in a specific point.

1 Like

Yes. Thanks for correction because 700/800 having more penetratation should be +2 or +3 with compared to L18/L23.

Exactly, the false gain in RRC SR and even drops due to increased attempts.

While the drawback would be increased delay and high signaling load.

In Ericsson system, you can identify branch wise electical tilt, chances of putting electrical tilt in one band and another getting affected is less.

Very interesting topicā€¦

Meanwhile reducing Inactivity timer will lead to more signaling, congestion.

The best and effective action is to balance traffic between layers and do physical tuning as well.

Many optimizers donā€™t really plan the GUL strategy especially in Idle mode and just want to rush into settings/feature.

1 Like

Incase of multiple layers the load should be balanced for sure. I wonā€™t mind reducing the inactivity timer to lower values unless we end up in rejections due to processor load due to increased signaling. Especially in single-band nodes with the capacity crunch

2 Likes

what do you think about lowering inactivity timer on mass events

1 Like

Hi
by reduction in inactivity timer,RRC attempts will increase then how PRB utilization will decrease.Please elaborate

u r right,in my case small cell is serving in cricket ground.can i reduce inactivity timer to avoid overload crunch in small cell having capacity of 256 users only.

Am wondering, whether reduction is significant?
Since itā€™s only SRB consumption (RRC layer) , you should not be with MAC layerā€¦
Moreover, RRC signaling is increased with reduced timer? So overall SRB occupied PRB may increase or sameā€¦

If we reduce value of inactivity timer likeā€¦20ms/10ms/5ms/3msā€¦it will decrease PRB Utilisation but RRC Connection request will increase ā€¦best way for High PRB is layer balancing(MLB) ā€¦shift traffic between layers

1 Like

And will improve Drop Rateā€¦

1 Like