What are main reasons for regions where RSCP is good but EC/NO is bad (and vice versa)?

Hello experts.

During Drive Test analysis, we find regions with good RSCP, and very bad EC/NO. The opposite also happens (bad RSCP but good EC/NO).

What would be the main reasons for this scenario?
And what should i analize first?

ThanX
Carlos

2 Likes

Hello Carlos,
When the case you pointed occurs, it means that your network have some regions with interference problems.
One of the reasons can be overshooting cells, I mean, presence of unwanted signals in a region.
Another one can be a wrong SC (scrambling code) planning, so you better first double check it.

Hope that helps.
Adalberto

3 Likes

Hello Carlos.

I’ve written an article a long ago, but i think it still deserve a reading.

What is Ec/Io (and Eb/No)?

Ec, Io, No, Eb… are very basic - however extremely important - concepts that must be well understood.

BR,
Leonardo Pedrini

4 Likes

Hi All,

Now talking about same concept, that’s why wuery here:

What is the main reason for worse RSRQ while RSCP is in perfect condition?

image image

Perfect condition means you have good coverage and you are in good radio condition.
So if you have bad RSRP means you are not in perfect condition.

What about cell load?
If users are more, then naturally RSRQ will be poor.

Load is high.
But except high load, no any other reason for low RSRQ?

Interference can be.

Too much overlapping between cells.
Or wrong PCI plan.

1 Like

How many band layer available?

Pilot polluters, make a single dominant server there, else there may be some external interference that cause EcNo degraded.
Also, if sector split done in that region than must audit PSC as many of bad EcNo cases are due to this in SS region.

1 Like

Agreed, single dominant server should be there.

RSRP and RSCP are coverage indicators, ECNO, SINR and RSRQ are quality indicators, when you have bad coverage, you have low level coverage, and bad quality low level of quality, bad quality in 3G and 4G are for interference issues for the general cases, always check servers in your drive test, AS COUNT an poluters in 3G and server and Neighbors in 4G.

Hi.

Would it be possible for you to tell me how to add the percentage to the samples?

Is your macro automated to do this or did you do it by hand to show it in the caption?