The seven most-cited 5G use cases:
- Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB);
- Connected vehicles (including monitoring/safety, Connected In-Vehicle Infotainment or IVI and autonomous cars);
- Smart cities (integrated services such as smart parking, smart lighting, citizen services);
- Industrial IoT (for factories, warehouses, predictive maintenance etc);
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality applications for consumers (e.g. gaming) and businesses (e.g. retail);
- Fixed Wireless Access (FWA);
- Connected healthcare (e.g. personal and fitness monitoring, social healthcare, remote diagnostics, remote surgery).