NTT DoCoMo's Vision of the Future

Introduction

Have you ever wondered what the future will be like 10 years from now? From the technological evolution point of view, especially with the arrival of 5G, how will people’s lives be affected?

Well, after seeing my story here today (and mainly if you currently work with Telecom or Technology) you will probably see you job with a different point of view. :grinning:

Well, back in early 2000’s I received an e-mail from a friend, with a video from “DoCoMo” operator, from Japan.

The video title sparked my curiosity: “The Vision of 2010, by NTT Docomo”.

Although working with telecom for a few years, I have never heard about DoCoMo before. But after watching this video, besides getting to know DoCoMo, I started to “dream” about how would be “their future”. :thinking:

It has changed the way I used to work, the way I looked at my work - I realized that I could be part of this wonderful new world to come. Till then i only used to see my work as a “job”.

Ok, that future has arrived - at least that future supposed in the video. Actually, that “future” from the video is even past! :wink:

As expected, the amazing videos originated some other videos, a kind of series stimulating our imagination - based on planned new developments and specifications by Standard Organizations and Agencies like ITU and 3GPP.

So, let’s go: I would like to invite you today to review how was this story, if the video predictions came true and also what are new predictions can we expect for the future.

The video not only shows DoCoMo vision or concept of the future at that time - it establishes an emotional connection with the audience.

2010 Vision - The Original Concept

With respect to its efforts in wireless technology, DoCoMo worked hard to achieve the goal under its at that time slogan, “Challenging the Mobile Frontier” to improve personal lifestyles.

Toward this end the company has created “Vision 2010” a plan which aims to stimulate further growth of mobile communications.

Following is the first video in the series, showing a Japanese family in 2003 and in 2010 (the “future” that DoCoMo expected).

By 2003, DoCoMo’s third generation FOMA service is in nationwide use and by 2010 the company has achieved its vision of advanced mobile communications.

The events portrayed in this video are fictional, but, as we have seen over the past 10 years, such events were transformed into reality (at least most of them).

In other words, dreams can and do come true.

We invite you to sit back now and witness the rich and promising future of mobile multimedia.

Old School Friends

As the original video was a success, of course the series continued. In the same an involving format - showing how technology can be used to make our lives better.

As good as the first, the next movie that also is a “must watch” is: Old School Friends.

[

The Road to Hokusai’s Waterfall

Docomo kept creating amazing videos, and the next one with vision of the future is the film The Road to Hokusai’s Waterfall.

[]

What’s next?

With such impressive videos, it’s up to we to imagine or dream about what are we going to see in the next years, mainly with the fast 5G rollout happening all over the World.

Let’s not only wait for it - let’s be part of it! :slightly_smiling_face:

Conclusion

This was a brief summary of the concept of DoCoMo’s Future Vision - Japan Operator.

For sure these videos offer entertainment while stimulating our creativity and showing us a little about how the future can be.

I hope you liked, and got some inspiration or motivation to read more, study more and work hard to be part of the amazing future yet to come!

Note: and You, what is your vision of the future? Post your comment bellow! :wink:

telecomHall Community
Learning and Growing Together!

1 Like

Following same idea, this video shows waht can we expect for 6G in the 2030s, merging our physical, digital and biological worlds.

Enjoy. :wink:

Youtube: Finland's 6G vision for 2030 - YouTube

As countries vie for leadership in 5G some countries are already eyeing leadership in 6G.

1 Like

10 years ago there were no mainstream connected watches, driverless cars, electric bikes, ear-pods, AI speakers, VR/AR headsets … what will the next 10 years bring? Nokia has a vision …

Nokia Technology Vision 2030

By 2030, the world as we know it will be dramatically transformed. The metaverse will open up endless opportunities across consumer, enterprise and industrial sectors. Digital Physical Fusion and Human Augmentation will transform how people interact in a combined physical and digital reality.

None of this will be possible without The Network. It will need to become more intelligent, dynamic, scalable and secure. Evolving to enable a rich multi-party value ecosystem that will unleash innovation and opportunity… …creating sustainable solutions for some of the world’s biggest challenges. All made possible through Nokia’s innovations. This is our vision for 2030. Together, we’re creating the future.

YouTube: Nokia Technology Vision 2030 - YouTube