Step by step to download Ericsson 3G Configuration Parameters: (XML)
- Log in into “Ericsson OSS” via Citrix.
- Launch “OSS Common Explorer”: Start -> Applications -> Ericsson -> OSS Common Explorer
- Under ‘Topology’ (at the left) choose WCDMA
- Click to expand “ONRM_ROOT_MO_R” to see each RNC
- Select the desired RNC and right click the mouse: in the pop up Menu choose “Export RNS”.
- In the ‘Bulk CM Export’ dialog see how Export Parameters Configuration Options are set, and make some changes if needed.
6.1. Under “Export Details” configure “Export to”: folder to save the Parameters File (in the OSS Computer HD) (The file is by default exported to “/var/opt/ericsson/nms_umts_wran_bcg/files/export/”)
6.2. Give a proper “File Name”: the name of the file. For example, “Ericsson-3G-PARAMETERS_RNCxxx.XML”
6.3. Under Filter Details check option “Radio and Transport Network”
6.4. And check “Use Compress Export” option
- Using any FTP Client program (such as Filezilla), download the file to your computer.
Step by step to parse (process/extract) Ericsson 3G Configuration Parameters: (XML)
- First, check if the downloaded files are compressed (ZIP, RAR, 7-z, GZ, etc…). If so, uncompress it using any Compress/Uncompress utility such as Winzip, Winrar or 7-zip.
- Then, run the correspondent Hunter Macro (to parse the desired format). Note that you must use an exclusive/specific macro for each type of Vendor/Technology.
- Optional: Click ‘Edit’ button (a pencil) in the Hunter Nepa Main Menu, to indicate where the raw files are.
- Optional: Click ‘Open Folder’ button in the Hunter Nepa Main Menu, to check (open) the target folder and verify if it only contain the intended files (raw, extracted). If this folder contains other files, the macro may have some problems.
- Click ‘Run’ button (Exclamation Mark) to process.
Important: to be able to process (parse) Ericsson 3G XML or 4G Ericsson XML, you need to download an auxiliary (free) program that converts UNIX to DOS.
Ericsson dump are in UNIX format, so only have LF (Line Feed) and miss (CR) Carriage Return.
Before everything we need to convert it. (* We have it in the roadmap, and future versions of the Hunter Macro will have it inside; for now, we use this free auxiliary tool, ok?)
So, please visit http://www.thefreecountry.com/tofrodos/ and download Tofrodos (zip format) (about 110 Kb)
For the macro to run, you only need to have the file ‘todos.exe’ in the same directory of the macro (that file can be found inside the zip file downloaded)
Download: Hunter_Nepa_(Ericsson-3G-4G-XML)_Run_16.42.10.rar (184.3 KB)