telecomHall.com | Hunter Blog | Tips Blog | Course Blog | Groups

Huawei 4G XML OSS Parameters Dump Parser

Hello members.

Here you will find Hunter Boda Parser for Huawei 4G XML.

This specific post is for Huawei 4G XML issues only. If you have questions regarding other Vendor/RAT, please either find the appropriate topic or create a new one - if not already created.

The following sections contain the steps to obtain a Huawei 4G XML dump and parse it.

==================================================================================

Step by step procedure to download and configure Hunter Boda Huawei 4G XML Parser

1. Click the link below and download boda parser to an appropriate folder on your computer.
    Tip: follow the recommended Hunter folder structure so that it will be easier to organize future parser versions, and also other parsers for other RATs.
    Download Link: boda-huaweicfgsynparser.zip (8.1 KB)

2. The Hunter folder structure starts with a “Hunter” base folder. Then, a subfolder for “Boda”. In the Boda folder, create a folder for this parser (“Huawei_4G”). And finally, the module folders: “Scripts”, “Output” and “Data”.

3. For now, we will follow the Hunter folder structure and download the BODA parser “boda-huaweicfgsynparser.jar” to “C:\Hunter\Boda\Huawei_4G\Scripts”

==================================================================================

Step by step procedure to download Huawei 4G XML Configuration Parameters from OSS

Let’s obtain the raw CM dump file.

1. Launch “iManager M2000”.

2. Access Button: ‘Software Management’

3. Access Menu: NE File > NE Backup

4. Select one eNodeB, at the left panel tree.

5. At the central panel, select the latest version (backup file) of this eNodeB by clicking on it. Tip: you can see ‘Backup Time’ field.

6. Click the ‘Download to OSS Client…’ button.

7. Save the file to any desired folder on your computer.

Following the Hunter folder structure, download the file to “C:\Hunter\Boda\Huawei_4G\Data” . This folder will hold this specific dump… Of course you can download to any other folder you want - just make sure it will be easy to find later. :slight_smile:

Step by step procedure to parse (process/extract) Huawei 4G Configuration Parameters

With the raw dump file downloaded, let’s extract the parameters!

1. First, check if the downloaded files are compressed (ZIP, RAR, 7-z, GZ, etc…). If so, uncompress them using any compression/uncompression utility such as Winzip, Winrar or 7-zip.

2. Next we run the parameter extraction command. We advise you to create an auxiliary text file, to store/modify the command.
    Under the Scripts folder, create a file called “huawei_4g_xml_usage.txt” to contain the command for future reference.
    Adjust the command based as shown below:
    “java -jar boda-huaweicfgsynparser.jar inputFile outputDirectory”

3. Run the command and wait for it to finish.
    IMPORTANT: Please make sure you run the command on ONE LINE ONLY (not on separate lines).

4. Done! All your parameters will be extracted into csv files. These can be opened using any text editor, Microsoft Excel or Access .

Example
"java -jar C:\HUNTER\Boda\Huawei_4G\Scripts\boda-huaweicfgsynparser.jar C:\HUNTER\Boda\Huawei_4G\Data\example_data_subfolder\example_cm_file.xml C:\HUNTER\Boda\Huawei_4G\Output\example_output_subfolder\"

Where:
“C:\HUNTER\Boda\Huawei_4G\Data\example_data_subfolder” is the folder where you have your dump file;
“example_cm_file.xml” is your dump file;
“C:\HUNTER\Boda\Huawei_4G\Output\example_output_subfolder” is the folder where all CSV files will be created.

For a more detailed example, please check this topic: General instructions for using the CM parsers to process any network dump

That’s it.
Hope you all like and participate.
Help us by inviting your friends to the community, feedback/suggestions, and of course asking us whatever issue you may find.
Let’s build a totally new Telecom/IT global community.

BR,
Emmanuel

Hi Emmanuel, thanks a lot for your parser, I have a question, there are some option to select several xml (Huawei) at the time, because every enodeb export the own configuration in one file, if i have 1000 enodeb i will have 100 different xml’s, is it possible select all file in one folder? or how can I parser all files in one action?, i tried to merge all xml’s into one and them use your parser, but the result some time works and other shows this "ParseError at [row,col]:[17901,6]
Message: The processing instruction target matching “[xX][mM][lL]” is not allowe
d. "

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi @nestrom,

Thanks for the feedback. It’s very useful as we try to keep improving the parsers.

Parsing several XML files at ago is very easy; all the parsers are able to do this. Follow the steps below.

1. Place all the XML files in one folder.
  2. Run the parser: java -jar boda-huaweicfgsynparser.jar "folder_with_the_files" "folder_to_generate_the_csv_files_into"

This is mentioned in the general instructions at General instructions for using the CM parsers to process any network dump. You can read through it again.

Let us know if the instructions worked for you.

Emmanuel

Hi Emmanuel, thanks a lot works great :slight_smile: have you a great day

@Emannuel,
When we try to parse single node with the following file header we get one file with all null

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Hi, everyone.
I’ve mande a batch file with the commands.
This is my batch file: “java -jar %cd%\Scripts\boda-huaweicfgsynparser.jar %cd%\Data\XML\ %cd%\Output\LTE”

I made that so it becomes easier for everyone that works with me to use it.

%cd% gives me the current directory, for example: “D:\Parser”

The problem is when the folder name has blanks space on it, like “D:\Parser Boda” because that space is interpreted as a new command.

Does anyone knows how to fix that? I know that the simple answer is to not use spaces on the folder name, but i want something that works for everyone.

Thanks! And thanks Emmanuel for the tool!

@Claudio_G_Santos,

Try wrapping the paths in double quotes like so:

java -jar "%cd%\Scripts\boda-huaweicfgsynparser.jar" "%cd%\Data\XML" "%cd%\Output\LTE"

Hi all,

A new version of the parser has been released. Everyone is strongly advised to download and use the new parser. Also, note that the old parser will/may not work after 1st August :). This we did so that members can get access to the new features and bug fixes.

Otherwise, enjoy and let us know if you run into any issues.

Emmanuel

i don’t see new version for Huawei 2G and 3G MML. There’s only for 4G. Is it the same for all technology?

thanks

Hi, I am unable to use 4G XML Parser … may be i am missing something out, can any one please guide

@h325190, see respective posts for 2G and 3G:

@Farrukh, what error do you get? Can you share a screenshot?

@Emmanuel
Hi 4G XML parser cannot handle the corba format : Example of file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 001900 011900 021900 031900 041900 051900 061900 071900 025500610 025510610 025500640 025510640 025520640 025530640 0000106100 0001106100 01000010641000 01000110641000 01000210641000 01000310641000 appcert.pem0 appcert.pem1 1eNodeB3BTS3900 V100R012C10SPC112 141002553002 0160 0Virtual Cabinet142 0361300 0380700 0 0 0

@Enir, at the moment we don’t handle this format. We will look into it in the future

@Enir,

Please use the parser at the link below:

BR,
Emmanuel

Hi ,

While parsing Huawei LTE files , got below message , Please need your support for new parser.

Parser has expired. Please request new version from www.telecomhall.net

Parser used - boda-huaweicfgsynparser.jar

Many Thanks
Sumit

@sumit_jha, I have just uploaded a new file. Try it.

Many Thanks Emmanuel,

Successfully Parsed Dump with latest parser.

Regards
Sumit

Hi Emmanuel,

Since eRAN8.1 the export comes as *.GZ.
How can I solve that?

Thanks,

Cesar Nunes.

@Cesar_Nunes,

At the moment, the parser does not handle compressed files. I would recommend you first uncompress the files before running the parser. I recommend 7z (https://www.7-zip.org/download.html) for this.

We will look into how best to handlethis in a future version of the parser.

Emmanuel

Emamauel,

Estou tentando executar o Hunter mas não gera o csv.