telecomHall.com | Hunter Blog | Tips Blog | Course Blog | Groups

Free Parser for 3GPP TS 132 615 Bulk CM XML files

Hi All,

A free bulk CM parser for 3GPP TS 132 615 compliant XML files will be available soon. It converts the XML file into numerous csv files for each Managed Object in the file. It has been tested with Ericsson (3G/4G) and ZTE (2G/3G/4G) files.

Emmanuel

Hello @Emmanuel.

First, congratulations for the tool, and thank You for sharing it. :slight_smile:

I tried to parse an Ericsson 3G XML file, from one RNC, and receive the following error:

C:\boda>java -jar boda-bulkcmparser.jar test.xml c:\boda
Exception in thread “main” java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Unexpected in
ternal error near index 1

^
at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.String.split(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.String.split(Unknown Source)
at bodastage.openran.cm.BulkCMXMLParser.getFileBasename(BulkCMXMLParser.java:728)
at bodastage.openran.cm.BulkCMXMLParser.main(BulkCMXMLParser.java:247)

Is there any instructions to follow, that i maybe have missed?

BR,
Leo

Hi Leo,

You are running everything right. Let me run some tests especially on Windows. I will update you after.

Emmanuel

Hi Leo,

I have pushed a new build. All should be fine now.

BR,
Emmanuel

Hello @Emmanuel

It worked like a charm!
And pretty fast, i must say also. :slight_smile:

I’ve tested with Ericsson 3G (RNC dump from OSS); later i will try with other Technologies/Vendors, and give proper feedback.

But it seems amazing, thanks again.

Hello @Emmanuel, @CSilva

Although the parser works (splitting MOs to individual files), i think we have a first (small) problem:
The output is comma delimited. But some fields have comma inside data - for example, this is a value for one field: “SubNetwork=ONRM_ROOT_MO_R,SubNetwork=RNCXXXX,MeContext=RNCXXXX,ManagedElement=1,RncFunction=1,UtranCell=UCEL123”

So when you open it using Excel, it doesn’t not work.

Please let us know if is there any workaround.

For the record, the parser also worked (spllited to several files) for Ericsson 4G.
For a very big file (almos 1 GB) it took few minutes.

Unfortunately, some files has data in 2 lines. So, again we cannot open i Excel/Access to work.

Hello @leopedrini,

The values with commas should not be an issue. All values containing commas are enclosed by double quotation marks as is expected by Excel. Let me quickly check and get back to you.

Emmanuel

Hi @leopedrini,

First off, thanks for the feedback.

After reviewing a bunch of the generated csv files I saw the inconsistencies you have highlighted concerning some data appearing on multiple lines. I have fixed it and I am able to view the files in Excel. Let me know if your Excel/Access is now able to view them too.

(link removed)

Hello @Emmanuel

This is to let you know: i have tested again, and now it seems really good.

The processing time is very good (few minutes to process a 1 GB XML file).

The ‘tables’ also seems fine. What I’ll do next is to compare its data (validate).

I have macros that “start” from the exported dump and create reports. For example, the Hunter Baseline.

If the exported data is fine, i think i will start using it as ‘parser’ for the Hunter Tools.

I’ll let you know soon.

Thank You again.

BR,
Leo

Hi Leo,

Did you tried it for Nokia XML . In the export it just contains the “XML Name” and “Actual”.
Not showing values.

You’re right @salmanahmed

I think there’s another parser for Nokia…

Follows output from 3G and 4G:

Can you share that parser ?

Yes, everything will be shared.

Be before, we need to perform more tests.

Currently we’re fixing Ericsson 3G XML, then we’ll go Ericsson 4G XML, and so on.

Nokia is next.

Congratulations and thanks! I tried with Ericsson 4G bulk and “boda-bulkcmparser.jar” works very well.

hi
does this work for huawei network? The mml file is in .txt format though, is it possible to get in .xml format for this to work?

thanks

Hi
How to decode Ericsson LTE CELL Trace File?
I have an Ericsson Cell Trace File with .BIN Extension (generated by OSS) and I want to decode it to Bulk CM files.
thank you

Hi @Hiran,

Sorry for the late response. We don’t have a ready parser but let me get back to you on a possible plan for this.

Emmanuel

thank you so much
Hadi

Where is a link for download BODA?